GDT: Group B - May 6 - Latvia vs Finland

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Agreed. This is what perhaps has surprised me the most. Though it's easy to get carried away. There's still the true tests ahead.

Well, I truly believe he is the right fit there. He has enough skill to help the dynamic duo( while not as skilled ) and also brings a bit grit to the line. That will be needed when we play US and Canada. Cant just think that we will outplay them with skill there. And if we should be leading, we have someone who stands up for the smaller guys. Savinainen aint afraid of dropping the gloves or getting cross-checked infront of the net.

Reactions: Ippenator

Saekk

Jul 25, 2017
Well, only interesting thing in this game anymore is that can Aho/Savinainen complete a hattrick.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Well, only interesting thing in this game anymore is that can Aho/Savinainen complete a hattrick.

Disagree. It is also intresting to see if my bets will bring €€. I have Latvia 0,1 and Finland 6,7,8,9,10. It aint too far now... :D

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
I don't think that's the case. All 3 of these guys (Kapanen, Rantanen and Granlund) were in the playoffs, so they're probably a bit more tired and bruised than Aho & TT. Granlund has always played with intensity and heart whenever he's on the national team. Rantanen was one of the few good things about Team Finland last year...
I agree. I never question Granlund's heart. He'll do anything for the team.

Reactions: Ippenator

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
I think the studio hostess Inka's jacket-shirt-cut sleeves decision is the most interesting thing we can learn from this game. What is this abomination? :laugh:
049873a9a794d6e7e299e792d99469a0.png

Jugitsu

Dec 24, 2016
Finland
Well, I truly believe he is the right fit there. He has enough skill to help the dynamic duo( while not as skilled ) and also brings a bit grit to the line. That will be needed when we play US and Canada. Cant just think that we will outplay them with skill there. And if we should be leading, we have someone who stands up for the smaller guys. Savinainen aint afraid of dropping the gloves or getting cross-checked infront of the net.

My biggest doubt are if he can use his physicality effectively against the North Americans. Savinainen isn't exactly the biggest and strongest, especially against Canada or USA.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I don't think that's the case. All 3 of these guys (Kapanen, Rantanen and Granlund) were in the playoffs, so they're probably a bit more tired and bruised than Aho & TT. Granlund has always played with intensity and heart whenever he's on the national team. Rantanen was one of the few good things about Team Finland last year...

None of them played a practise game, I'm atleast going to give them few more days to get used to time difference.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
Disagree with all the vitriol towards Gudlevskis. The margin between a great goalie, and a bad goalie is about .05, or saving 1 in every 20 shots more. The goals being scored against him are high-quality. It could be better without him but certainly not much better, and there's a huge possibility that difference would not even manifest itself on the scoreboard.

Reactions: Reynys

Boban

May 6, 2018
This is late but the commentators on Youtube had some funny comments, my favorite was something like "you know things are going well when you are throwing high fives in the penalty box" after Aho's sh goal

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Disagree with all the vitriol towards Gudlevskis. The margin between a great goalie, and a bad goalie is about .05, or saving 1 in every 20 shots more. The goals being scored against him are high-quality. It could be better without him but certainly not much better, and there's a huge possibility that difference would not even manifest itself on the scoreboard.

The last goal was mostly on him. And that goal with the scramble in front of the net was deffo him.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011

I agree. We havent shot that much, but when we doo they are high-danger places. The puck has been in your zone for maybe 70% of the game 5vs5. Theres only so much you can do as a goalie when the game is like this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad