GDT: Group B - May 21 - Sweden vs Russia

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
I think Russias main problem is that most stars on that team are getting old. I mean guys like Kovy, Ovie, Geno are over their prime, in Kovy's case its even by a large margin.

The new generation doesnt seem to be as skilful, with Kuch being the only exception.

Another traditional Russian problem is its defense. If the offense is getting older and slower then outscoring the opposition may prove to be an even bigger challenge I guess

Panarin is a terrifying opponent at the WC.

Nexon

Apr 18, 2019
I think Russias main problem is that most stars on that team are getting old. I mean guys like Kovy, Ovie, Geno are over their prime, in Kovy's case its even by a large margin.

The new generation doesnt seem to be as skilful, with Kuch being the only exception.

Another traditional Russian problem is its defense. If the offense is getting older and slower then outscoring the opposition may prove to be an even bigger challenge I guess

But Why Kovalchuk is there? Only because his passed glory, to lesser extend it’s the same with Lundqvist but Henrik is solid at least. It’s the same as last years, too many stars, non existent team play, it’s especially visible on Ovechkin.

Nexon

Apr 18, 2019
And “dream” to finish first and play USA escapes, not gonna complain though :sarcasm:

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Yikes. There we go again. Don’t think Wennberg has been good today.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Also Larsson has the second least amount of ice time (swedish dmen) the first period. OEL and Ekholm has the most.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Sweden isn’t even in the game when russia turns the jets on.

JHB

Feb 15, 2019
I understand not wanting USA in the QF. But lets make sure we don't embarrass ourselves at least. Don't make it too obvious.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad