GDT: Group B - May 21 - Czech Republic vs Switzerland

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
It makes sense because if they finished 2nd in the group there is slight possibility that they would play Germany in quarters instead of Canada/USA.
I wouldn't do it. Tie game just go for a win

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
I think all 4 quarters could be awesome.. if Czechs got Germany I guarantee it goes 3-2.

Canada-US can go any way, the QF schedule is still wide open.

Which not good for the poor mod who had already anticipated the creation of the finland-switzerland and Russia-Germany gdts :laugh:

Reactions: Czechboy

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
Very entertaining game. Plus the most hilarious TV commentary on the Czech TV: "Watch what a game this is! When one team wants to score a goal, the other never wants to allow it." Thank You, captain obvious.

I was laughing when there was that non called Jaskin's crosscheck and during the replay one of our commentator said: "well, this was also borderline", the second one: "that was a foul" and the first one: "without a doubt".

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I was laughing when there was that non called Jaskin's crosscheck and during the replay one of our commentator said: "well, this was also borderline", the second one: "that was a foul" and the first one: "without a doubt".
I'd really enjoy thise jaskin things more if he was on line 4. Move palat up! He's the better player.

Reactions: AdamParrot

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
I'd really enjoy thise jaskin things more if he was on line 4. Move palat up! He's the better player.

I agree with that, Palat was so good today. It's a pity he has not scored one, he would deserve that. Hopefully in the QF.

Reactions: Czechboy

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
I agree with that, Palat was so good today. It's a pity he has not scored one, he would deserve that. Hopefully in the QF.

Yes, Palat was good today. I feel sorry for him that so many Czech fans who don't understand hockey at all hate his performance in this tournament. He has not been scoring of course, but his contribution to the team work is still valuable.

Nexon

Apr 18, 2019
Thanks for nothing swiss. If you didnt pull goalie at 4-4 sweden could finish 1st or 2nd in group and avoid russia in semis.

What would happen if Latvia didn’t pull their goalie? At least we will have Sweden Finland derby hopefully :popcorn:

Reactions: JHB

JHB

Feb 15, 2019
To avoid Russia in the Semis, you have to beat them tonight. So why would you fear them?

Russia will play Sweden in the QFs regardless of how it goes tonight (except if they tie, I believe).

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
I wouldn't do it. Tie game just go for a win

Ok, you wouldn't, but for them it was either win by two goals and maybe gets 2nd place or be 4th no matter how game finished (win by one goal, win in OT or lose).

YoungHockey92

May 9, 2019
Russia will play Sweden in the QFs regardless of how it goes tonight (except if they tie, I believe).

Teams from the same qualification group can't be against each others in QFs. Russia and Sweden are in the same qualification group, so therefore they can't play against each others in QFs.

JHB

Feb 15, 2019
Teams from the same qualification group can't be against each others in QFs. Russia and Sweden are in the same qualification group, so therefore they can't play against each others in QFs.

I meant the semi-finals, my bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad