GDT: Group B - May 21 - Czech Republic vs Switzerland

Hemsky001

May 17, 2012
Switzerland in the quarterfinals for either Canada or USA. Hard opponent for the first team of the group if you ask me.

Reactions: 63 others

Jon Riley

May 2, 2015
Oslo
Sorry to tell you this but ... you are ... from my perspective as a Swiss ... most exciting game so far ... unquestionable
It's somehow exciting just to keep refreshing the IIHF website, It really must have been a good match. Does anyone know if somewhere is possible to find the full game video? Or at least some decently made highlights?

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
Thanks for nothing swiss. If you didnt pull goalie at 4-4 sweden could finish 1st or 2nd in group and avoid russia in semis.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Swiss were exceptional in third. I would hate to play them in quarters. If it wasn't for empty netter, had my money on Swiss.

Czechs go 6-1 in pool play 2 years in a row with 2 different teams. Very good for our 6th ranked nation.

5 goals so we must lead tournament in goals scored for now. Now we can finish 1, 2 or 3.

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
This was such fun game. I'm starting to enjoy the Swiss truly entering the best teams and starting to be legit contender (as someone here already said, good luck to the winner of group B lol). They were great opponent today, it's not those defensive meh games with them anymore as we had seen few years ago. Wish them best of luck for the QF. And if we don't win the tourney, hope they will (and not just because I placed a bet on them haha).

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
Switzerland in the quarterfinals for either Canada or USA. Hard opponent for the first team of the group if you ask me.

Honestly ... i wouldn't be surprised that all group B teams win the QF.

They ranked the teams according to international rankings ... but it doesn't take into acccount : Euro teams are better on big ice ; and NA teams are better on small ice.
And that has been statistically proven more than once.

Well done Czechs and well played for the team of Fisher !

Reactions: Hemsky001

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
we needed 2 goals difference win to get out of place 4 in group B. So Fischer (our coach) pulled the goalie.

Then he pulled him again to try not to loose :)

smart move on all the line.
Lol doesn't make sense

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad