GDT: Group B - May 17 - Canada (0) vs Finland (4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
If these games are so meaningless to Canada, why are they losing their minds and getting hot in the head making unnecessary plays after whistle? :sarcasm:

It obviously matters to the players, otherwise they wouldn't be at the tournament.

It doesn't matter much to the fans though. Most of Canada(North America for that matter) recognizes the stupidity of this tournament and are generally only watching to watch for the play of NHL team players.

Last edited by a moderator:

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Basically Connor McDavid and entire Canada team cares a lot about winning, but posters on hf don't - because Canada isn't winning at the moment. If they get to finals - hf posters will care yet again.

McJC

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
Laine looking very overwhelmed. Looks like he's gonna have issues with the lack of space in the NHL

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Not showing on the score sheet, but I think Laine is having maybe his best game so far. Really proving that he can hang with the likes of Marchand and McDavid.

Urbanskog

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Helsinki
What did they lose? Are they eliminated?

Truthfully I don't think many North American fans care about this tourney, it might mean something for Europeans but meh.

They are losing this game which seems to frustrate some Canadians here.

And yes, like I said, we are well aware of that. If you are posting in this thread you clearly do care though.

IronHalen

Feb 7, 2013
Laine's had a decent game. Still not seeing any reason why there should be any question who the BPA in this draft is still.. (Matthews)

NiL8r87

Jun 30, 2009
Laine tapped his legs after whistle. Did the same to McDavid.

The guy's got confidence, no doubt. I think though that when you do stuff like that you can't be TOO mad that a guy like Perry tries to kick your skate out. Obviously he saw what was going on too.

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
Basically Connor McDavid and entire Canada team cares a lot about winning, but posters on hf don't - because Canada isn't winning at the moment. If they get to finals - hf posters will care yet again.

Likely not. Becuase it'll be the same thing every year.

Losing team fans: "This isnt' their best team"

I find it so annoying how this only gets attributed to Canadian fans. Every single teams fans say the exact same thing. Go back and look through old GDT.

Merya

Jokerit & Finland; anti-theist
Sep 23, 2008
Helsinki
Best-on-best Olympics have always been the most important, followed by the WJC.

I'm old, the best weren't in the olympics for half of my life. Also u20 was hailed as the biggest test still quite recently, untill other countries started to win it. (Canada was champion several years in the row then)
Sure, aside from goalies, Canada could field 3 teams that on paper could go top8. On that contrast Canada underachieves rather alot.

WillTheThrill

Mar 2, 2016
Gotta love the way Laine plays though man.

So jealous of Jets fans. Cant wait to watch the Leafs make the mistake of picking Matthews :laugh:

You really had to add that in there didn't you. Let's see Matthews with Laine's line mates or Laine with Matthews line mates. How is it a mistake if leafs take the consensus #1? The center they've been looking for since Sundin. I love Laine but I'm taking the franchise center over the skilled winger 11/10 times.

CanuckCity

Aug 23, 2012
Budapest
so much hostility.. for no reason. It's a preliminary game... and neither country has its full squad.

Not like Canada is even getting dominated as the score would indicate. Been a pretty bland game actually minus some cheap shots.

Also enough with the all the "whatever well we dont even care!" nonsense. If you didnt care you wouldnt be in here bickering..

Canada came out flat, goalie didnt show up, Fins took advantage & didnt let us gain any momentum.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Laine looking very overwhelmed. Looks like he's gonna have issues with the lack of space in the NHL

I'm not sure what hockey game you're watching if you think Laine has been "overwhelmed".

This has been one of his better games, even with him hobbling around after the Perry incident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad