GDT: Group B - May 12 - Denmark vs Korea

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
You should keep the feet on the ground, mate. Such games can be tough sometimes, you need to win, you know you have to win. The top-6 teams are enough skilled to not get nervous but outside that this is always tough. Especially if it is a back-to-back-game. The game vs. Latvia will be totally different. It's a 50-50 game, both sides can win. Both teams are pretty equal.
So far, Denmark is the only team, were Korea looked like an elite team, in the other games, they looked like practice cones.

This is not Like Latvia upsetting USA, or Denmark upsetting Finland, this is absolutely embarrassing.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
So far, Denmark is the only team, were Korea looked like an elite team, in the other games, they looked like practice cones.

This is not Like Latvia upsetting USA, or Denmark upsetting Finland, this is absolutely embarrassing.

Take a deep breathe please....I already said it; this game is isolated from the rest of the tournament. Denmark can not play as heavily favourite.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga

This might even work in your favour. Since you had to face adversity and didnt just skate towards victory with no effort.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
All pts made are valid, and I would have been fine had this been Italy, Slovenia or the likes.. but guys this is record breakingly bad Korean team, and they almost scored un us on the pk:laugh:

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010

Switzerland nearly lost to Austria but had no problems with Slovakia, Belarus and was on par with the Czechs. Sport is not always that easy.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Switzerland nearly lost to Austria but had no problems with Slovakia, Belarus and was on par with the Czechs. Sport is not always that easy.
Austria are not Korea - Like I said, they barely looked like a hockey team in the other games.

Danmark

May 5, 2014
Take a deep breathe please....I already said it; this game is isolated from the rest of the tournament. Denmark can not play as heavily favourite.

This is just a "sad" mentality, but I agree with you.

The players are used to play under pressure.

All in all, this was not okay, but it was 3 point.

Reactions: QuietContrarian

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Yeah, but they came out hard today and you gotta give them respect for that. It was their best game and the other teams had an easier job than Denmark today.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Yeah, but they came out hard today and you gotta give them respect for that. It was their best game and the other teams had an easier job than Denmark today.
They did, they had goaltending today, shots that went in, in the other games, did not go in today. They did not take as many penalties either, Denmark did not show up. Weird that Korea decided, this is the game we decide to play in...

Maybe that 13-1 beating was the fuel for this.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
They did, they had goaltending today, shots that went in, in the other games, did not go in today. They did not take as many penalties either, Denmark did not show up. Weird that Korea decided, this is the game we decide to play in...

Maybe that 13-1 beating was the fuel for this.

As i said, Norway has to prepare seriously for their game against SK.

Reactions: QuietContrarian

DeflatedFootball7

Jul 9, 2011
Nanaimo
Welp, took a while, but we finally see the Korea that we saw at the Olympics, albeit in a usual loss. (Minus the game against Switzerland, which is more of what we've seen so far). Nice to see a homegrown player get the goal too, nothing against the imports, but their home grown stars that looked flashy at the Olympics (Min Ho Cho etc.) have mostly been neutralized.

Game against Norway could get interesting if they fart around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad