GDT: Group B - May 12 - Canada vs Finland

Ducks76

Oct 15, 2017
That's simply because the team gets more accustomed to Marjamäki's system, which has a negative impact. Early in the tournament, the players don't have a full grasp of the system and can't execute it so well, and hence they tend to perform better at that point. As the tournament goes on, the players get better at executing Marjamäki's system, and as a result the team plays worse and worse.
Okay then i expect the finns play vs CAN like vs DEN? An unsure teams(especially in defense)It seems like 4th place and QF vs SWE! Wow fantastic! ;)!

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Looking forward to seeing what Canada's young forwards can do against at least a decent defence. I'll guess a 3-2 win for Canada.

IceHockeyDude

May 15, 2011
Suomi
Well Finland has more firepower than usually. Im expecting us to score a lot. Canadians may score a lot as well. 5-4 in OT for the Finns.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
It's hard for me to think how Finland would win this. Our head coach's record vs NA teams is pretty bad, clearly his weakness. Canada's roster is very strong and that coach Bill Peters did great two years ago when Canada won the gold over Finland. Plus our defensemen lack the size and that surely will be a factor.

I'm feeling that it will be a high scoring game. 5-4 for Canada, 6-4 with empty netter.

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
Nope. Goaltending isn't our strenght but definitely not our weakness. Säteri has played some excellent games against big nations. For example last year he shutout USA. Our defense is our weakness, also faceoffs.

Man I just don't trust him, hope I'm wrong

johnsic

Nov 12, 2009
Canada will win easily. Finland just lost to Danmark and Marjamäki is a bad coach that has never won against big teams.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Canada has one weakness and that is their goaltender. That is our only chance.

McBackup > Säteri&Husso combined, i'm afraid so.

Gotta remember McBackup is veteran bona fide NHL backup goalie
Both Säteri&Husso are AHL level goalies, although...Säteri did play rather well
for Panthers, when he was given a chance due to injuries.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Man I just don't trust him, hope I'm wrong
You should. He is a good goaltender.

McBackup > Säteri&Husso combined, i'm afraid so.

Gotta remember McBackup is veteran bona fide NHL backup goalie
Both Säteri&Husso are AHL level goalies, although...Säteri did play rather well
for Panthers, when he was given a chance due to injuries.
No, just no. Säteri could as well be a solid backup in the NHL if given a chance.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Captain Finnish Baby Jesus Mikael Granlund finally meets his match, Captain McJesus.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad