GDT: Group B • Feb. 14 • Canada vs. Austria • Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

TOML

Oct 4, 2006
Walnut Grove
Subban needed to outplay AP to gain regular icetime. He didn't. So I see Babcock addressing left-side depth going forward. Vlasic looked shaky at times. J-Bo as well.

I see Duchene over MSL going forward. Much more noticable.

Crosby's points not a big concern. More of a big picture guy anyway. Ditto Toews, who played better.

Benn and Kunitz looking in mirror.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
He deserves another start but this was Austria.

We will find out against Finland whether he will be the guy.

This. Let's see how he does against good competition. He definitely earned the test. If he falters then give the ball to Price for the rest of the tournament.

Mehar

Apr 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
If Canada does not win against Finland, looks like they might have to play an extra game before the QF, since they wet the bed and scored only 3 goals yesterday against Norway. Sunday is a must win for seeding purposes.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I thought everyone was in agreement that no matter what happened today Price was the starter against Finland. Now because Luongo got a shut out it's changed? This was Austria folks, I doubt anything has changed in terms of goalies.

Why was everyone in agreement?

I figured whoever let in fewer goals would get the start against Finland.

If we win, that guy goes forward (unless he tanks in the win).

If we lose, the other guy goes forward.

It wasn't Brodeur's fault that the US beat Canada but you have to switch things up.

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012
You guys are seriously hilarious. I can't tell if you're being facetious or not, but I'm going to go ahead and assume that you're not actually this choked up about having to watch 2 minutes of PIP olympic hockey.

CBC was in a lose/lose situation, and probably made the best choice in playing both on a split screen. If they didn't show Chan they would be blasted for being hockey-centric. In a 60-minute preliminary round game it's not the end of the world to have a split screen to show a canadian favourite in a popular sport skating for the gold medal.

If the game was on TSN it wouldn't have happened, but the CBC main network is the one available to most canadians. There are places in Canada where you can't get cable or cell service and other places that are still stuck with dial up internet.

LiquidSnake

Jun 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Lol if you can't survive a few minutes of split-screen to watch one of the best athletes in the country go for his dream to win a gold medal then there's no hope for you as a sports fan.

I don't consider figure skating a sport and he didn't win anyways. Enjoy your ice dancing

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
I think Hamhuis should play over Subban.

I'd rather a guy that is better defensively going forward.

Luongo should start against Finland, if he doesn't play well Price starts the quarters.

I'm not decided about the forwards, do we give Kunitz another chance?

TOML

Oct 4, 2006
Walnut Grove
I thought everyone was in agreement that no matter what happened today Price was the starter against Finland. Now because Luongo got a shut out it's changed? This was Austria folks, I doubt anything has changed in terms of goalies.

Austria has more NHL forward talent than Norway though.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
I think we can all agree that Kunitz sucks.

My lineup for next game.

Duchene - Crosby - St.Louis
Benn - Tavares - Bergeron
Nash - Toews - Carter
Marleau - Getzlaf - Perry
Sharp

Keith - Weber
Hamhuis - Pietrangelo
Vlasic - Doughty
Subban

Luongo
Price

Scratches: Kunitz, Bouwmesster

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Subban needed to outplay AP to gain regular icetime. He didn't. So I see Babcock addressing left-side depth going forward. Vlasic looked shaky at times. J-Bo as well.

I see Duchene over MSL going forward. Much more noticable.

Crosby's points not a big concern. More of a big picture guy anyway. Ditto Toews, who played better.

Benn and Kunitz looking in mirror.

Not really, Subban did exactly what was expected of him. It's hard to outplay someone when they're getting a regular shift and you're sitting for long stretches and getting 15 second shifts. With the way Babcock is running the bench Subban needs someone to screw up badly or get hurt to get regular ice time. So be it, not the end of the world becasue they can win either way but what you said isn't really full context of the situation.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011

If everyone was in agreement to that I must have missed it. Babcock said split games 1/2 then he would decide. Personally I'd like to see price, but I can see it going to the other way as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad