GDT: Group B • Dec. 26 • Finland 2, United States 3 (OT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/jaakiekko/uutiset.shtml/arkistot/jaakiekko/2010/12/1247079

Finland announced the rosters.

Goalies
Joni Ortio
(Sami Aittokallio)

1st
Iiro Pakarinen - Erik Haula - Teemu Pulkkinen
Sami Vatanen - Jyrki Jokipakka

2nd
Toni Rajala - Joonas Nättinen - Joel Armia
Rasmus Rissanen - Nico Manelius

3rd
Joonas Donskoi - Henri Tuominen - Julius Junttila
Tommi Kivistö - Jesse Virtanen

4th
Teemu Tallberg - Valtteri Virkkunen - Jaakko Turtiainen
Olli Määttä

Extra forward
Miikka Salomäki

The Saw Is the Law

Jul 31, 2010
Vatanen not joining rushes would be weird. He is one of the best finnish defenseman (all ages) at breaking away with the puck.

In one goal game it's fully stupid to join rushes hard. That could lead to dangerous 2-1 attacks to other end.

This is what I mean

Last year goals against Czechs we were under 1-3. Vatanen did things right and game was tied 3-3 :)

Dominus

Nov 5, 2004
The game starts at 3 am in Finland, but I'm definitely watching if I can only get up. Sucks that I have to go to work tomorrow though. It'll be a long day...

I think USA is a clear favorite here. I just hope it's not a blowout and we can put up a good fight.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

I didn't have any time to watch any USA pre-tournament games... can someone fill me in on how Merrill played so far. I saw he was on the 1st pair so I'm guessing he had a pretty solid pre-camp but I would like a little more info is possible.

Thanks guys ;)

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
11-2 OTL for Finland. Kreider with 8 goals. :sarcasm:

But really, this should be a good matchup. Rooting for Kreider and Bourque tonight.

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
USA wins. Hakanpaa curses Finnish defensemen, who collectively score no goals and are a minus-10 for the tournament. :)

What's this rumour I hear that Canadian fans have bought three-quarters of the available tickets for today's game? Should be a real coup for Team USA to win this game with the majority of those in attendance booing every time an American touches the puck.

TheSituation

Dec 26, 2007
New York City
Gary Thorne and that other guy (from last year). :laugh:
Gary Thorne?

ray_yes.gif

Hyperkookeez*

It sucks the Finns are missing Granlund, but their roster doesn't seem too bad. I expect them to be duking it out with Sweden for Bronze

StikTBo

Apr 1, 2010
Anyone know if they will show the game on TSN (not TSN 2)? The football game is postponed to Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad