GDT: Group B • April 29 • Belarus 1, Canada 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

eli J

Claw Machine broke
Nov 14, 2010
Moncton, NB
I don't think Stewart really cared about scoring there, there's no point embarrassing a small country team like Belarus by running up the score further.

mcphllp

Dion @ 6.5=Discount
Dec 27, 2008
anyone think grabo should get consideration for one of the 3 stars of the game?

he's been great

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
^ Yes.

Chris Stewart has a good shot but he's at his best when he crashes the net. And no one is crashing the net outside of rebounds or on the PP tbh.

EDIT: TSN colour guy: "I was up all night practising by myself" :naughty:

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Pretty weird at the end with that 5 on 3, but got the win. Team really got it going in the third and Reimer made the saves needed to keep them in it during the first 2 periods.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I think we will see more from the big guys like Nash, Spezza, Phaneuf and Stewart onces the games get tighter.

Especially a guy like Stewart who is more effective in tighers games where you need more garbage type goals.

was a decent first game and some chemistry is being formed.

Also what is with Phaneuf pivoting the wrong way a few times in the game is he nursing an injury or something?

SuperSaiyanBeastmode

May 20, 2010
Ontario
Also what is with Phaneuf pivoting the wrong way a few times in the game is he nursing an injury or something?[/QUO

Yep, his leg got cut and it went pretty deep, his footspeed has suffered a lot this season. Hopefully he doesn't get completely flatfooted during the tournament(like that grabovski dangle!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad