GDT: Group B • Dec. 29 • Canada 10, Norway 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeverGoingToWin

Jul 24, 2004
You don't like Norway. We get it. You've been talking about how horrible they are since like the first 5 mins of the game.

There are plenty of people in this thread who are willing to admit that Norway put in a solid effort and their goalies gave up some awfully soft ones. Nobody's saying their talent level is anywhere close, but they didn't play a bad game.

Thank you. I was thinking the same thing and you said it much better then I ever would.

Exalted User
Dec 14, 2010
Babylon
Norway is really awful...this couldve been alot worse...the score is actually flattering for the Norwegians

First and foremost i must ask, did you watch the game? If Volden had played the entire game the score could easily have been 1-6, 1-7. Norway played well and deserved at least one more goal.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hart_House_Ca

Feb 21, 2004
Norway played hard and lots of respect for them for playing it out and not getting chippy. Please show Norway some respect as we know some other Euro teams would make it really chippy.

To the key points - This game was really a rest up your player game as the game looked more like a shiny hockey game with Canada basically doing as they please.

Sweden game will be a very exciting game with a lot on the line.

Rules for Canadian Fans:
1. Always respect your opponents
2. Win and lose with grace
3. Be humble as nobody likes to be on the losing side of a game like this (Most important)

tez

Oct 23, 2009
Nova Scotia
Great game for Canada, but Norway won my respect tonight. The skill level wasn't close, but you can tell that these guys want to get better. They didn't really get dirty and fed up with the lop-sided score and played it out to the best of their abilities to the end. Here's to hoping Norway can develop a group worthy of a medal-round appearance soon.

mobilus

Five and a game
Jan 6, 2009
high slot
Norway played great, much more than I was expecting. If their goaltending in the first equaled the quality of their players, it would have been much closer. They played hard on the puck, showed no fear along the boards and didn't quit. I salute them.

Pyke*

I dont care what anybody says this game was boring and brutal and it couldve been alot worse then the score indicated.

Yeah. I felt bad for Norway. Canada eased up on the gas at the beginning of the 2nd; and while Norway played admirably, these kinds of games are not any fun for any of the participants.

Andy Dufresne

Jun 17, 2009
It seems to me the first thing Hockey Norway (if there is such an organization) should do is use any means necessary to develop some better goalies. The impact great goaltending can have for underdog teams internationally can't be overstated. What would the score have been if they had a Lehner/Campbell level goalie?

Pyke*

It seems to me the first thing Hockey Norway (if there is such an organization) should do is use any means necessary to develop some better goalies. The impact great goaltending can have for underdog teams internationally can't be understated. What would the score have been if they had a Lehner/Campbell level goalie?

The guy who backed up their starter tonight is actually a pretty good goaltender; but I mean, the score could have been a lot worse had Canada kept going. Further, even if they had Lehner or Campbell, it would have been 5 or 6-1 instead of 10-1... The game would be closer, sure, but the result would be the same.

I guess it might help them against the non-elite teams, but I feel like that's the wrong way to develop talent.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I dont care what anybody says this game was boring and brutal and it couldve been alot worse then the score indicated.

Thank you! I'm getting ripped by people on here for saying the exact samething. For some reason some people can't take honesty to heart that isn't my fault. The game was brutal and the third period was a complete embarassment. All I'm saying is the Norwegians should've had more pride then that. I don't care what the score is, you don't give up. It looked like Canada didn't know what to do with the puck cause no one was pressuring them or stopping them, or at least trying to.

ThinMcWhistle

Mar 26, 2005
Northern hemisphere
Yeah. I felt bad for Norway. Canada eased up on the gas at the beginning of the 2nd; and while Norway played admirably, these kinds of games are not any fun for any of the participants.

I agree, the score could have been run up to the double digits, but Canada showed a lot of class by easing up. 10-1 isn't even that bad of a beating as there have been like 30-0 slaughters before (mostly in the other divisions though).

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I agree, the score could have been run up to the double digits, but Canada showed a lot of class by easing up. 10-1 isn't even that bad of a beating as there have been like 30-0 slaughters before (mostly in the other divisions though).

Again, if they didn't stop playing it would've been a better score. No one can come on here and say Norway played good because what I saw in the third was really bad. I understand you're playing a better team but holy crap they weren't doing anything!!. Schenn and the rest were entering the zone like it was a practice how does that happen in the WJHC? If you're going to give countries a chance at this tournament you have to at least play like it means something. You probably will lose against us but show some pride.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Norway is a very likable opponent. I hope they continue their development and eventually join Sweden and Finland as hockey powerhouses.

Lots of respect for how they played tonight.

Lard_Lad

May 12, 2003
Kelowna
Visit site
It seems to me the first thing Hockey Norway (if there is such an organization) should do is use any means necessary to develop some better goalies. The impact great goaltending can have for underdog teams internationally can't be overstated. What would the score have been if they had a Lehner/Campbell level goalie?

Easier said than done. Switzerland is the only non-big 7 country that's been able to reliably develop NHL-caliber goaltenders, and they've got a much better-developed hockey infrastructure. Other countries have managed the occasional standout, but only once or twice. Tough to develop great goalies when they never see a great shooter until they're old enough to play internationally.

DuklaNation

Aug 26, 2004
What happened to the Schenn haters???? Pathetic. Like I said earlier, all those clowns dont know what the **** they're talking about. It needs to be said about some posters here who have unsubstantiated opinions.

Norway has actually come a long way. They impressed me at the Olympics. Its a lot harder to field a competitive team in this tournament though.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
What happened to the Schenn haters???? Pathetic. Like I said earlier, all those clowns dont know what the **** they're talking about. It needs to be said about some posters here who have unsubstantiated opinions.

Norway has actually come a long way. They impressed me at the Olympics. Its a lot harder to field a competitive team in this tournament though.

no offense but it is just as stupid to call ppl out after Schenn has gotten pts in games that really should be easy and were for Canada (Czech and Norway)

no one is going to give a **** about these games if we lose the ifrst game in the games that matter so atleast wait till then when we face real opponents

i am not a Schenn hater but both sides need to calm the **** down on this topic until the real games start

Jesus Christ Horburn

Aug 22, 2008
Norway really stared playing well defensively in the 2nd period and limited Canada's opportunities for the rest of the game.

If they had played that way the whole game, I don't think Canada would have scored more than 4-5 goals.

Hyperkookeez*

Norway played great, much more than I was expecting. If their goaltending in the first equaled the quality of their players, it would have been much closer. They played hard on the puck, showed no fear along the boards and didn't quit. I salute them.

Backed

I was fairly impressed by Norway. They were certainly better than a 10-1 score would indicate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad