World Cup: Group A: Russia vs. Saudi Arabia, 6/14/2018

Result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Germany-Bolivia was kind of a joke too because one of the teams had players way below the standard of the others. First game I ever watched, so hot the players could hardly run. Germany had a lot of legendary players, but they were too old. Scored a super jammy goal that was kind of a joke, but I thought it was the coolest shit. Both teams were not good.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
No host team has lost in the opening match of the World Cup. This should be an easy victory for the Russians.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Hoping to see Tashaev start on the left and a late game cameo from Chalov...will settle for Golovin & Miranchuk starting alongside Dzagoev...

God would it be nice for the russian NT to play some decent football again.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Nothing like a match between my two favorite countries in the world to get me excited for the World Cup.

Bahahhaha.

I was gonna say. Not the two most loveable countries out there, at least from you know... Human rights perspective, freedom of press etc.

Yes, yes, no politics, sorry. I just have no idea who to cheer for today.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Wow, Saudis actually have players who play in Europe? Are the dude on Villareal any good?

In January the Saudi FA signed an agreement with La Liga to loan like 7-8 players to Spain but it was a total bust. The only player to play was the one on Levante (don't know his name off top of my head) but even that was three sub appearances in six months. The player on Villarreal never played a second of league football

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I can't see the Saudi's winning 0-0, not in Russia's opener.

Sooo, penalty then? I haven't seen the Russian team play in some time and I know you're one of the best informed about them here, but Russia hasn't won in their last seven games and they are actually ranked below SA in the FIFA rankings :skeptic:. Sure, sure, none of that need necessarily mean anything, Russia should be heavy favourites, I'm just saying a result like that wouldn't come as any shock to me.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
The stage is set
fetch

Just win baby! Go Russia !

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I wish they could both lose, but they can't. Draw isn't enough.

I'm going for the Saudis. Only for the world stage of Russian embarrassment.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Go Russia and Serbia!
Luckily for me I'm not a simpleton who can't stand Serbs because he can't see further than counting blood cells. Some of my best friends are from there. But A+ for effort even though the end result is a massive failure, I mean at least you tried unlike Zbornaja in recent years.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Luckily for me I'm not a simpleton who can't stand Serbs because he can't see further than counting blood cells. Some of my best friends are from there. But A+ for effort even though the end result is a massive failure, I mean at least you tried unlike Zbornaja in recent years.
They just have been trying to hide their true potential :sarcasm:

Btw, Corluka plays in Russia, so stop hating

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Akinfeev
Fernandes - Kutepov - Ignashevich - Zhirkov
Zobnin
Gazinsky - Dzagoev- Samedov
Golovin