World Cup: Group A: Russia vs. Saudi Arabia, 6/14/2018

Result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Somebody was watching a lot of Stanley Cup finals eh? Not the greatest match, but excellent result.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Come on now. Let's not pretend Russia is a great team all of a sudden. Uruguay's roster craps all over theirs.
They're not a great team but people are acting like they're Lativa... I also watched Uruguay in their campaign, the struggled at times mightily. People are just looking at that striking duo and crapping their pants. Mix that in with some nice youthful talent in the midfield and a big name on the backend. They're nothing special.

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
They're not a great team but people are acting like they're Lativa... I also watched Uruguay in their campaign, the struggled at times mightily. People are just looking at that striking duo and crapping their pants. Mix that in with some nice youthful talent in the midfield and a big name on the backend. They're nothing special.

Every team struggles at some point in South American qualifying because it's incredibly difficult. That's hardly a point.

You just listed a bunch of reasons why they're a fancy side and then somehow conclude that they're "nothing special". As if having one of the best striker partnerships, defence partnerships, and an array of great young midfield talent somehow isn't anything noteworthy? Never mind competing in this mediocre group.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Monaco plays in a much stronger league than ZSKA, they offer a lot more talent for him to play alongside, and that club has a much better history with developing young talent. I think they would've been the perfect next step, if he could assert himself there as I don't think he's ready for Juve...and so I see him having to go out on loan to earn a spot with the italian champions.

He's certainly having a strong showing today though...even if I'm not as high on him as I am Miranchuk.
French League is not much stronger. It’s a bit better because of the powerhouse PSG.

France is 5 and Russia is 6 in uefa ranking.

Russian teams defeated French teams Nice and Lyon this euro season.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Thank god saudi arabia is playing very interesting game.

Did you watch the Euros? The Saudi's played a lot more interestingly than did like half of the teams in 2016 :dunno:

How would this game been more interesting? Instead of the Suadi's losing it would be Romania? What would be the difference really?

Romania would have bunkered up to keep it to 0-3 instead of trying to play and giving the game some element of interest?

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad