GDT: Group A • May 1 • Slovakia 3, Germany 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
I was impressed with German team during first 2 periods. The 3rd was slightly dissapointing from them, but it was enough to win.

I think the biggest problem of Slovak team is Hanlon. That guy did absolutely nothing since he came to them. He's useless.

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
The Germans probably will get 9pts with them for next series. What a teamspirit by them, its fun to watch.

Nice comeback by slovaks too. Good for them so they dont get down spiritually.

No just 6 pts. The points, if they get any, against Slovenia will not be carried over to the next round.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Slovakia is just not good at carrying the play like they were supposed to today. Germany beat them with their own game pretty much. Slovakia is always at their best when they play teams who like to have the puck a lot so they can go on quick rushes the other way.

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
Gaborik and Halak are the biggest disappointment for me (according to both matches they played)

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
The Germans probably will get 9pts with them for next series. What a teamspirit by them, its fun to watch.

Yeah. now that the game is in the sack I can say that I'm glad that Slovakia didn't get totally clobbered as it looked in the first two periods. Win is for us, but the momentum is on the side of the Slovakians for the next game.

Brun0

Jul 24, 2009
Best game so far

Congrats Ger!

There was really nothing Halak could do in those goals, perfect shots.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria

6 Pts.

The Poins against the team that is the #4 seed won't carry over

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Slovakia is just not good at carrying the play like they were supposed to today. Germany beat them with their own game pretty much. Slovakia is always at their best when they play teams who like to have the puck a lot so they can go on quick rushes the other way.

You´re saying that just because we beat Sweden that way during the Olympics, however historically that is not the way Slovakia usually plays at all.

Indian

Jan 14, 2010
Košice
Well, good game. Germans were able to capitalize those odd man rushes and while we had the play in our hands most of the time and actually played some hockey, they are victorious. That sucks. Anyway cogratz.

What Hanlon did wrong was keeping Marcel Hossa in the game for so long and those PP formations should have been from the start with Stumpel/Handzus in front of the net.

Schalkenullvier*

Wow. Nice Win for us but that sweat wasnt necessary. If you use Herbert zimmermann's words I Gotta say that the last minutes felt like:

"Der Sekundenzeiger, er wandert so langsam, wie gebannt starre ich hinüber. Geh doch schneller, geh doch schneller! Aber er tut es nicht, geht mit der Präzision, die ihm vorgeschrieben ist, wandert er voran."

Harv

R.I.P. Pavol.
Dec 30, 2007
Marcel Hossa always gets more time that he should..

Wonder why?

136881-article-5xi4n.jpg

PapaQ

Jun 18, 2010
Well Germans played well (except the goalie). Solid defence and some luck in the offense. But thats fine, luck is part of the game :) I think Slovakia didnt play too efficiently, less skating and useless passes and more shooting would be great.

Schalkenullvier*

Marcel Hossa always gets more time that he should..

Wonder why?

Well, even if his father wasnt the assistant Coach, the headcoach would get confused with him and Marian anyway;)

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Awesome game. Like someone else said i agree that Hanlon isn't the best coach and doesn't really help Slovaks right now and on the contrary German head coach deserves a new contract instead of going to Coach some DEL-league team next season.

I think that with the help of Uwe Grup could make hockey #2 team sport in Germany. I mean Germans have shown a lot of interest on the sport 5.5k average spectators per DEL-league game is even higher average than in the Finnish elite league, SM-liiga. So all germans need is to keep up these results in the future tournaments and maybe the germans will start to notice the sport and in some years both Germany and Switzerland will be added to the top-7 big hockey nations and then we have much more exciting tournaments.

Brun0

Jul 24, 2009
yeah, but germany is not only where the saxons lived. it's a lot bigger. so the name is a bit off. ;)

If im not wrong it was called something ealse a looong time ago. But today Germany is Saksa.

Finnish has changed a lot in the last houndred years. There is a finnish language "ministery" that monitors the language all the time and allow new words mainly some slang words as proper finnish. The mothertung education is fairly high quality in here and its pretty much the only way to keep such a small language alive. Its also a fairly complycated language to learn especially for foreigners.

Krotak

is the Legend
May 7, 2010
Slovakia
Congratulation to Germany...

As for Slovaks, our defence is real OUTHOUSE :help:. E.g. Baranka and Majeský made me cry tonight. I pray to hockey god for Boston to make Philadelphia in 4 games. We strongly need MeszároÅ¡. And I pray for speedy recovery of ViÅ¡ňovský :bow:...

BTW I agree, Hanlon isn't the best choice to coach these old boys. They would be better coached by themselves... They need only a good psychologist, like Filc was in succes era. E.g. I can't understand our only 3 centers are in first 2 lines...

What about this:

Hossa - Demitra - Ružička (killing tandem + next guy with excelent shot)
Gáborík - Stumpel - Zedník (Gabo + former Panthers duo)
Nagy - HandzuÅ¡ - Bartečko (former St. Louis Blues line)
Å atan - Surový - Radivojevič (it remains...)

It means:
tough guy + scorer + playmaker in one person :laugh: - playmaker - scorer
scorer - playmaker - tough guy/scorer
dangler - tough guy/playmaker - tough guy/scorer
scorer - scorer - tough guy

That's what I want to see...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad