GDT: Group A • Dec. 30 • Sweden 9, Slovakia 1

Rille

Jan 22, 2011
Örnsköldsvik
The most funny part was when Charles Berglund who worked together with the goaile coach at Columbus Blue Jackets Ian Clark told that Ian had sent him a text where he said that Columbus will call Anton Forsberg pretty soon because their own goalies are crap. It was almost as funny when the swedish coach Christer Abramsson said to his own team. "Our oponents ALSO have bad goalie"

Asquaredx2

Mar 10, 2008
And he's done some of those things that few of the others can do in a frame that will make it much easier to do it against men.

If you want to evaluate him, sit back and evaluate over time and understand this tournament can mean very little. Jared cowen is an example. Kid is 18 and raw.

Well Cowen was injured and his primarily defensive style was out of place on the offensive Canadians (his offence has evolved a lot more since obviously). I'm not sure if either of those apply to Zibanejad.

Second, I accept that this tournament doesn't mean everything but I'm still kind of waiting for Zib to impress me this year. Really all I've seen that hasn't left me a little unsatisfied was the rookie tourney where he was playing against players older than 19 and 20. In the pre-season he was producing but I wasn't really enthralled with his over-all game. Even moreso in the regular season but minus the production. Then I haven't been able to watch the SEL games but it sounds like it's been flashes of brilliance rather than an over-all consistent performance. Again I'm willing to write some of that off because he is raw and he's playing with men. But it shouldn't be that big a difference playing as an 18 year old against 19-year-olds.

EDIT: Also he keeps falling down. What's up with that?

eli J

Claw Machine broke
Nov 14, 2010
Moncton, NB
Wow, I look away for a moment and look back and Klingberg has blood gushing from his nose and it's only a 2 minute? WTF?

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Our PP is bad for sure. But they scored after all(was 5 on 5 already though).

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Riečický, what a choker :(

Kamzik, Čejkovský only got 2 minutes (should have been 2+2 though blood and all), so that should mean no suspension. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad