GDT: Group A • Dec. 28 • Switzerland 0, Finland 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
How did Haula look?

Sound he is part of a lot of scoring chances just has trouble finishing, similar to his year at University of Minnesota.

urho

Sep 12, 2008
Oulu
How did Haula look?

Sound he is part of a lot of scoring chances just has trouble finishing, similar to his year at University of Minnesota.

Haula was very good today. Excellent pass to Pulkkinen's one timer-goal... He's also been steady in the defensive zone. I've been pleased with his play so far. Actually I didn't except him to be this good but both him and Nättinen are taking lots of responsibility because Granlund's missing.

swissexpert

Sep 21, 2009
Btw, can you or anyone else for that matter tell me about the Swiss defenceman Samuel Guerra? I thought he played well and he was also pretty physical. Shame that he didn't get more ice-time :(
Of course, he's on my home club so I watch him a lot.
He plays on the first line here, also because of injuries. He fills a pretty physical role, didn't show much offensively. He was a decent scorer in Juniors so I think we can expect more than he's showing now on the offensive side. He's a solid skater with a smart positioning.
He's kind of invisible, considering he plays a lot of minutes. That's positive as far as he makes no mistakes and makes the right moving decisions, but also invisible in a negative way, as he doesn't show any "dekes" or offensive rushes. Maybe his stickhandling isn't very good, I don't know.
All in all, I would call him a very reliable and smart defender but I don't know if there's NHL potential, since he has some problems to move the puck.
From what I've heard he's behind Kukan and Trutmann among 2011 eligible defenders out of Switzerland.

cenas*

How did Haula look?

That pretty much sums it up. Early in the game he got a prime scoring chance in which he just completely froze and suprised even the goalie by not scoring.

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
i came back home and checked the result

4-0 ouch ! :shakehead

what went wrong with the swiss ?? they played badly ? or the Finns were overwhelmingly better ! accross all lines and all periods ??

Doothpick

9-1
Sep 15, 2008
Of course, he's on my home club so I watch him a lot.
He plays on the first line here, also because of injuries. He fills a pretty physical role, didn't show much offensively. He was a decent scorer in Juniors so I think we can expect more than he's showing now on the offensive side. He's a solid skater with a smart positioning.
He's kind of invisible, considering he plays a lot of minutes. That's positive as far as he makes no mistakes and makes the right moving decisions, but also invisible in a negative way, as he doesn't show any "dekes" or offensive rushes. Maybe his stickhandling isn't very good, I don't know.
All in all, I would call him a very reliable and smart defender but I don't know if there's NHL potential, since he has some problems to move the puck.
From what I've heard he's behind Kukan and Trutmann among 2011 eligible defenders out of Switzerland.

Okay, thanks for the info :) He was fine defensively tonight, broke the play with his stick a couple of times, played physical, but other than rushing the puck up the ice once, didn't really do much else offensively. I was just wondering if there was an offensive side to his game also. I do hope gets more ice-time later on.

How did Sami Vatanen look

I thought he was fine. Made one mistake on the PK when he tried to rush the puck up the ice, but instead got it turned over. I really do hope that he can start to produce some offence soon, though.

nik-

Sep 13, 2004
I know a 15 shot shutout isn't much to write home about, but can someone give me a quick rundown on how Joni Ortio played?

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
I know a 15 shot shutout isn't much to write home about, but can someone give me a quick rundown on how Joni Ortio played?
Just solid and made a few good saves like the one on Niederreiter on his breakaway.

A shame the Swiss player had to push the net so Armia didn't get his first, but overall a decent game for him.

urho

Sep 12, 2008
Oulu
i came back home and checked the result

4-0 ouch ! :shakehead

what went wrong with the swiss ?? they played badly ? or the Finns were overwhelmingly better ! accross all lines and all periods ??

It was Finland's domination all the way, never once thought Swiss had any change what so ever to win the game. Finland was strong and Switzerland somewhat underwhelming... Didn't watch their first game so I don't know are they supposed to challenge Finland for real.

Lunatik*

does Ortio look like he is coming into his own at all? Any NHL potential?

Brun0

Jul 24, 2009
I'm not sure about the archived ones but i'd suggest doing what I did as in buy a 7 day pass for 10 euros and watch all the games they have live for a week

yeah i have the same too, i dont think the germany slovakia games are streamed ealsewhere.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
I'm not sure about the archived ones but i'd suggest doing what I did as in buy a 7 day pass for 10 euros and watch all the games they have live for a week

I have MTV3 MAX but missed tonights game because of Jokerit's game (huge mistake :facepalm:) and don't feel like waking up tomorrow morning to watch the replay. Anyway, too bad but I already saw Pulu's goal so it's ok :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad