GDT: Group A • Dec. 26 • United States vs. Canada • Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

SabresBillsBuffalo

May 4, 2010
Buffalo
You provide so much insight on some of these american players, you must see them play a lot. Always look forward to your posts.:shakehead
You're going to argue to me that Hitchcock is better than Kyle Connor? You're kidding right? What insight is needed? If you can't see for your own eyes that Kyle Connor is a WAY better hockey player than Hitchcock then I can't help you.

Connor is bigger(although just 2 inches), a better offensive player than him, plays against better competition, Connor is a +14 versus Hitchcock +3, he was a better junior scorer as well, and just a better player.

But thanks for your insight, Hitchcock TOTALLY belongs in this tournament. LOL

Dude hasn't been a PPG player in junior or Ncaa, and his defensive stats don't promote that he is a defensively dominant player either. ****in Miles Wood 2.0

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
Why is this game today? Isn't this traditionally a New Years Eve game?

Canada won last year and the USA finished outside of the top 4 (I think 5th overall?) so Canada is "rewarded" for their first place finish last year with a supposedly easy opponent. Obviously this system doesn't work as well when the player turnover is so high.

Jesus Christ Horburn

Aug 22, 2008
I wish USA had brought Connor and Roslovic. But to be honest, Canada hasn't looked great either.

I'm expecting a sloppy but close game. 5-4 (OT) for Canada.

herzog

Nov 10, 2011
Now theres enough time to down three beers in the nearby ****hole dive before the game...superawesome

xxxx

Sep 20, 2012
I read that USA has last change.

I think Canada wins 5-3, but I expect that the game will be quite ugly. USA doesn't have great depth (wasted fourth line, not particularly good defence after the top pairing) and Canada only seems to have chemistry on its checking line.

come on, you have to believe, it will be a beautiful game with a beautiful win :popcorn: :) :)

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Can't wait to see Donato, Bjork and Carlo.

Carlo on the first pairing is where my main focus will be.

xxxx

Sep 20, 2012
games between the US and Canada are always on another level, both in senior and junior hockey. The tempo between the RUS-CZE game and USA-CAN will be uncomparable. If you love the game and canadian hockey, you just can't be bored. ;) expect a lot of physicality, speed, and skills. What more can you wish for.

S A W F T*

Happy Boxing Day to the Canadian HFers! That's the last nice thing I say to you guys today! :)

Go USA!

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Oh, this thread will be great with your contributions of nothing. Dvo has looked solid by all accounts , Marner has not. Dvo is a passenger, though.

Not to mention every single Knight fan doesn't agree with your fantasy.

This. Any suggestion that Dvorak is a "passenger" is a joke...even most Leafs fans don't try to claim that. It is only a small subset of them.

xxxx

Sep 20, 2012
I am very interested in what line goes against Milano-Dvorak-White. I would have Perlini-Point-Virtanen, that line definitely has a checking-line abilities and could also force the Us spend a lot of time in their defensive zone. I don't think that Chartier-Beauvillier-Gauthier is a good option here and neither is Strome-Marner line imo. If I can guess, I would say the Strome line is going to play against Schmaltz third line.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
As mentioned by TSN, the top 5 scorers in the OHL are playing in this game (Dvorak, Marner, Tkachuk, Strome, Debrincat).

Interestingly enough, all 5 of those players play for the Knights or the Otters.

Snow Dog

Victorious
Jan 3, 2013
GTA
OHL players will be dominating for both teams.Best development league in the world.Go Canada.

GangGreen

May 27, 2012
Oh, this thread will be great with your contributions of nothing. Dvo has looked solid by all accounts , Marner has not. Dvo is a passenger, though.

Not to mention every single Knight fan doesn't agree with your fantasy.

Both players are equally amazing. Marner a bit better offensively, while DVO the best all around player in the O, maybe the entire CHL. Hope DVO and Tkachuk net a couple points each, but Marner with more and a Canada win! I could be disappointed tho....

GangGreen

May 27, 2012
I am very interested in what line goes against Milano-Dvorak-White. I would have Perlini-Point-Virtanen, that line definitely has a checking-line abilities and could also force the Us spend a lot of time in their defensive zone. I don't think that Chartier-Beauvillier-Gauthier is a good option here and neither is Strome-Marner line imo. If I can guess, I would say the Strome line is going to play against Schmaltz third line.
My guess would be the Stephens - Konecny - Crouse line against the top US unit whenever possible. Really wish McCann had been released to centre that line.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
So glad Nike went back to the nice Canada jerseys, I hate all the Nike jerseys. Czech Republic vs Russia was like a washing machine exploded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad