GDT: Group A • Dec. 26 • Canada vs. Slovakia

Status
Not open for further replies.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Really odd thread. Canada wins in a blow out against inferior competition and half the thread is talking about line juggling, who sucks, and why we need to fix things? :help:

:help:

:banghead:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
"Uh I never watch junior hockey and tune into the world juniors when I'm drunk over the holidays, what's be big de about mcdavid".

Go on YouTube folks. It's insane how much a single game at this tournament can influence the masses.

Hard to handle at times.

:laugh:

That's pretty damn funny.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
I think you just have to make chemistry. McDavid and Lazar will make it work. Let's not separate Petan and Fabbri. Maybe think of Virtanen going up and replacing Ritchie, but that's about it. I still feel confident having three lines clicking and McDavid line. You know things will start to go well eventually.

Gauthier might come useful against Finns and States. ;)

Countryjunkie

Oct 17, 2014
I watched the game and reserved judgment, and I've got to say that Frederik Gauthier isn't as bad as some on here make him out to be. While he's not doing anything special in terms of being a scoring threat, he's most certainly not hurting Team Canada either. For whatever reason, Gauthier has undeservingly become the whipping boy on this forum.

I guess some people just need to find something to complain about.

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
If the Slovak goalie hadn't made an amazing pad save, we'd all be talking about McDavid's highlight reel goal in the 3rd. Instead, he sucks.

Maybe it's just me, but I thought he looked a lot better throughout the third period, finally looked like he was starting to find his groove. Which is bad news for Germany.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
Really odd thread. Canada wins in a blow out against inferior competition and half the thread is talking about line juggling, who sucks, and why we need to fix things? :help:

:help:

:banghead:

I understand your sentiment but it does not mean that the coach will not see changes that will get the most out of the team. Just because this was a game of dominance does not mean changes will not occur.

DadBod

Sep 1, 2009
Coquitlam
They've got to get McDavid going. As much as I like Ritchie and Lazar it's just not working. They should give him different wingers. You don't want to juggle things up too much but at least 1 of Fabbri, Petan or Virtanen should be playing with CM.

If you can get McDavid going with different wingers, look out :yo:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
If the Slovak goalie hadn't made an amazing pad save, we'd all be talking about McDavid's highlight reel goal in the 3rd. Instead, he sucks.

Maybe it's just me, but I thought he looked a lot better throughout the third period, finally looked like he was starting to find his groove. Which is bad news for Germany.

Pretty much agree with all of this.

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
McDavid's going to be fun to watch. He was on another plane every shift. It's obvious he is special.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad