GDT: Group A • Dec. 26 • Canada vs. Slovakia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
I thought Lazar and Ritchie played exactly the type of game they excel at.

Actually that line had a pretty decent third period offensively.

I am not worried about them at all. It looks like we have a lot of guys who can score this year.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke

Mostly agreed. Not to say they were great nor bad, there were no bad players tonight. Did they look less spectacular and on point compared to the rest of the players? Perhaps, but that's as far as I would go.

That being said, Fabbri and McDavid will become a thing before this tourney is over.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Tonight the Canadian team used its higher level skating, puck handling and shooting skills to win against a team that lacked those skills. Future games against higher skilled opponents will not be a cakewalk. The Canadian team defence will face more difficult tests and I hope they can handle it. There should be no cockiness taken from this win.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005

Which is fine, but I thought they would have dominated more considering Lazar has played against men all year and Ritchie was a 10th overall pick. To be honest with you, I wasn't all that familiar with their games before the tournament. I'll keep an eye on them more closely next game, but was expecting more high end skill, which doesn't seem to be the way they play.

RickyR

Dec 8, 2013
My 2 takeaways tonight:

Domi has seriously kicked his game up into a higher tier of play.
Virtanen is going to be a top scorer one day.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
As an Edmonton fan I am not looking forward to Virtanen in a Canucks sweater. The kid is big and skilled…. exactly what the Oilers need….. exactly the player they have a hard time playing against

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
Tonight the Canadian team used its higher level skating, puck handling and shooting skills to win against a team that lacked those skills. Future games against higher skilled opponents will not be a cakewalk. The Canadian team defence will face more difficult tests and I hope they can handle it. There should be no cockiness taken from this win.

Cockiness? Of course not.

But any win at this level needs to be seen as something, and I think this is a great confidence builder. We have lacked scoring touch the last few years, so anytime you can put 8 goals on the board against any of these teams it is reason for a short-lived celebration.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Robby Fabbri and Petan are 1 and 2 scoring leaders. It's just one game but good to see that our 3rd line is working well and we all know how well Reinhart's line has been played, they aren't even top 5!

Nice to see.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
Which is fine, but I thought they would have dominated more considering Lazar has played against men all year and Ritchie was a 10th overall pick. To be honest with you, I wasn't all that familiar with their games before the tournament. I'll keep an eye on them more closely next game, but was expecting more high end skill.

It's just that I think they take a step back and accentuate the defensive side of their game, which is what I was referring to when I said the game they excel at. To me, they simply played to their best strength. Like you say, they can probably do more but it seems like a very fine nit to pick.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
mcdavid played very good and created plenty of chances

Good is probably a stretch. He still looks rusty and tentative. He needs a few to go in, or a little help from his linemates in finishing to get a boost of confidence. Then I think he will be fine...more than fine.

arsmaster*

"Uh I never watch junior hockey and tune into the world juniors when I'm drunk over the holidays, what's be big de about mcdavid".

Go on YouTube folks. It's insane how much a single game at this tournament can influence the masses.

Hard to handle at times.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
"Uh I never watch junior hockey and tune into the world juniors when I'm drunk over the holidays, what's be big de about mcdavid".

Go on YouTube folks. It's insane how much a single game at this tournament can influence the masses.

Hard to handle at times.

Precisely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad