Post-Game Talk: Gritty Flyers 4 Sad Sack Jets 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Easymont, 6 points in 10 games with the Sharks, not too bad if you give the guy some playing time. I think the Jets should have kept the guy, because he always hustles, and we need players like that.
Losing Easymount to waivers is certainly not the cause of the Jets woes of late. However, having a player on the ice whose motor is always running can’t hurt a hockey club that appears to go through the motions for large parts of hockey games.

I certainly would have preferred the Jets to have waived another player but Easymount is quickly becoming the new Stempniak.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
The team hasn’t been giving an effort the past few games and as someone who paid over $150 to go to the game today, I think we’re justified in our complaining. Like Bones said today, the fans want and expect a 60-minute effort, and we haven’t gotten it as of late. I’m not a doomer, per se (although some of you might beg to differ :laugh:), but I am concerned (maybe traumatized from the Maurice era?) that we’re trending back towards last year’s team. Everyone slumps, just have to hope we break out of ours soon. The give-a-shit factor being in the toilet is aggravating though.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Stopped watching early in the second. This team cannot seem to muster the will to play hard all the time. 55 was a monster the first part of this season, but he is simply going through the motions now. Wheeler can hardly contribute anything and PLD is becoming a shell of his former formidable self.

Why the apathy? I think that is the crux of the issue. They just don’t seem to care enough to give it their all.

Bench those coasting in the top six and bring back the AHL’ers who actually gave a shit.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
I understand that Stanley is Chevy's pet project but one day he will have to admit that he was a wasted pick. I was one of the few that thought Stanley had a chance to be something but even I just don't see it from the kid
Yeah - he had a ruff one out there tonight.
I wish he was the Jets biggest problem right now - because as bad as he might be (during this shite show) in his third pairing role, the multi millionaires are the ones that that need to be much much better in order for this team to have any chance.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Yeah - he had a ruff one out there tonight.
I wish he was the Jets biggest problem right now - because as bad as he might be (during this shite show) in his third pairing role, the multi millionaires are the ones that that need to be much much better in order for this team to have any chance.
Agreed. We’re losing games because Scheif, Wheels, PLD, KFC, and Ehlers haven’t been stepping up. I’d prefer Heinola in over Stanley but 64 isn’t the reason we’re losing games right now.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Bones needs to have a good look in the mirror, getting your team ready is his responsibility and if he sees players dogging it sit them on the bench for a time instead of rewarding them.

Yup, he's certainly not holding those difference makers accountable. They still got to play all but the last minute of the last pp.

If he really wanted to make a statement he'd have sat them down.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Are you a big Marilyn Monroe fan by any chance?
uhmm-not-really-derrick-boner.gif

ecolad

Nov 17, 2015
Dare I say this - but Bones has to take a look in the mirror for some of the problems we experienced tonight. Playing a five man unit of Ehlers/Scheifele/Wheeler/Stanley/Pionk is simply inviting problems in our end unnecessarily. Every decent team will be sure to capitalize.

Truenorthducky

Oct 10, 2020
Might be time to make trades and to bring in guys who are hungry and want to play instead of this mediocre horseshit.
the mentality of the top six is we are so skilled and they don’t think they have to actually put in work to win games. that’s what it looks like lately is the goaks are just gonna automatically end up in the net. Opposing coaches are finding it extremely easy to play against such a soft top six.

Pld called his buddy David Savard and said we are no longer any better than you guys so I might as well come home Now.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Dare I say this - but Bones has to take a look in the mirror for some of the problems we experienced tonight. Playing a five man unit of Ehlers/Scheifele/Wheeler/Stanley/Pionk is simply inviting problems in our end unnecessarily. Every decent team will be sure to capitalize.
How so?
Should he conclude this forward group cannot defend or at least attempt to?
Stan and Pionk should be safer under the wing of one of our best and most expensive lines - these guys should be driving enough offense to tilt the ice.
Or at least be prepared to help out defensively if they are over whelmed by the Flyers (????)
I don't see any reason why Bones wouldn't expect that unless he's come to the conclusion that this forward group cannot play the systems and game style he's asking them to play, and that they have previously played.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad