Grigorenko RSL Togliatti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birko19

Aug 13, 2002
Hamilton, Ont
Visit site
n00dles said:
Wow, 27 pm in 6 games for a skill player??

Whats up with that? :dunno:
Grigorenko didn't strike me as overly feisty before.

Grigorenko has always been a feisty player, he might not be a big kid but he sure is a gritty one, Scotty Bowman one time said that Grigorenko is the closest thing to a powerforward that the Wings have.

As for his stats, I believe the stats you have up there are wrong because I heard from another Russian poster that Grigorenko already has 3 points in 5 games so far, so I'm assuming he has at least 3 points in 6 games, I'm not too sure though, this is the one thing I don't like about players that play in Russia, you can never get the real story or stats for them.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Birko19 said:
Grigorenko has always been a feisty player, he might not be a big kid but he sure is a gritty one, Scotty Bowman one time said that Grigorenko is the closest thing to a powerforward that the Wings have.

As for his stats, I believe the stats you have up there are wrong because I heard from another Russian poster that Grigorenko already has 3 points in 5 games so far, so I'm assuming he has at least 3 points in 6 games, I'm not too sure though, this is the one thing I don't like about players that play in Russia, you can never get the real story or stats for them.

Well I got those stats from the Russian site, which is usually very good from what I understand.

windowlicker

Jun 17, 2003
Murky Wisconsin
Visit site
Birko19 said:

Per hockeydb.com (quite reliable), he's at 0 points in 6 games & 27 PM.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid[]=56783

Birko19

Aug 13, 2002
Hamilton, Ont
Visit site
Hmm, maybe so, I don't know because I heard something different from another person, the only thing I can think of is maybe the guy was talking about the pre-season games, I think that would make more sense.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Birko19 said:
Hmm, maybe so, I don't know because I heard something different from another person, the only thing I can think of is maybe the guy was talking about the pre-season games, I think that would make more sense.

Yes, it was preseason stats

Chuckalinsky

May 1, 2004
What kind of a league are we talking here. Is he in the Russian Super Elite Leauge, Junior league? In other words what kind of point production can we expect from him.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Chuckalinsky said:
What kind of a league are we talking here. Is he in the Russian Super Elite Leauge, Junior league? In other words what kind of point production can we expect from him.

He's in the Super League and I think he's on the 2nd line but it might be the first. I know before his injury he was on the 1st line with Alex Buturlin, but I don't think they are playing on the same line this year, although its still very early in the season.

shadoz19

May 21, 2004
He did get his first goal according to Russian hockey Digest. Came in his 9th game (Lada's 11th game). redwingscentral.com updates Detroit's prospects once a week. Usually they mention Grigorenko.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
JasonMacIsaac said:
I hope he isn't included in the top 10 prospects like last year. The guy was injured and he isn't close to as good as he once was.

But he was drafted by Detroit, so he automatically gets more attention :(

PigPen

Jun 25, 2003
Detroit
Visit site
JasonMacIsaac said:
I hope he isn't included in the top 10 prospects like last year. The guy was injured and he isn't close to as good as he once was.

Give the guy a break. He's skated in what, 14 games this season year and last year combined? He's also playing 3rd line duty so don't expect a lot of points out of him just yet.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
PigPen said:
Give the guy a break. He's skated in what, 14 games this season year and last year combined? He's also playing 3rd line duty so don't expect a lot of points out of him just yet.
I will give him a break but that doesn't justify how good a prospect he really is. Suglobov put up more points on 4th line in the RSL then Grig is on pace for this year on the 3rd line. Injuries are part of the game and they should be included in any prospect ranking. How he was top ten last year is beyond me.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
PigPen said:
No reason to give the guy a break when it comes to prospect rankings. The fact remains he should be well out of the top 20.

Birko19

Aug 13, 2002
Hamilton, Ont
Visit site
bobbsktball1 said:
any updates?

Lada played 2 games since his last goal Igore scored, I'm not sure what the box-scores for them are but I'll find out in a week or so, in the meantime Igor is sitting on 2 points in 9 games, a goal and an assist.

The guy on fire for Lada is Alexander Semin, he has 5 points in 7 games, 4 goals and 1 assist.

shadoz19

May 21, 2004
Here's an update:

http://www.allsports.com/nhl/redwings/stories/2004_10/17_Grigorenko.html

“He doesn’t have the necessary conditioning yet and his movements are inferior — the effects of the accident are visible,†Togliatti coach Petr Vorobiev told the Russian newspaper MK in Togliatti. “We sent him down to the farm club, and it influenced him a little, because he thinks that he is already back, normal, but there is nothing normal here.â€

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
he scored in his 1st game in the lower league. Damn the wings for not bringing him over here, they screwed up.

By the way, it seems some posters on here are like sharks that smell blood in the water. Just because a guy is injured doesn't mean he wont recover.

But hey, if he dont, you guys can buy and gun and take him out back like a dog...

Wally112pac

Dec 26, 2003
Canada
Visit site
pavel datsyuk said:
he scored in his 1st game in the lower league. Damn the wings for not bringing him over here, they screwed up.

By the way, it seems some posters on here are like sharks that smell blood in the water. Just because a guy is injured doesn't mean he wont recover.

But hey, if he dont, you guys can buy and gun and take him out back like a dog...

He'll be fine.

I don't think robyn regehr was 100% the year after his accident either.

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
pavel datsyuk said:

They might appear cruel, but their points are valid. When a guy is injured, it is sometimes assumed he will recover. What people need to realize is that there is a chance that Grigs will never fully recover. How high that chance is remains to be seen, but like a significant flaw in a players game (skating, headcase), this needs to be taken into account when discussing Grigs. He could very well become the player he was before the accident. But there is a really good chance he won't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad