Confirmed with Link: Greiss to StL: 1yr, $1.25m

cardinalnation

Mar 4, 2012
Greiss has always been underrated but I do worry about his age. He was pretty good in Detroit last year no matter what the numbers say. Now I am sure if someone will come here with their advanced metrics garbage to show that Greiss is ass but keep in mind the absolutely brutal squad he was on. We just need him to be able to do it for one more year. This was the inevitable outcome when you consider the financials of the whole thing. No way they were keeping Husso.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
LMFAO imagine thinking this tandem is gonna take you to the playoffs.

If binner struggles again this idiot army will be to blame for not paying Chuckie sideburns. Greiss is old and he sucks

LogosBlue

May 16, 2018
I'm definitely not on the fire DA bandwagon over a bad backup goalie signing but i can't imagine that Chucky would cost much more than that.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
We could have tried to retain Charlie for less money and more term but instead we sign a guy off a terrible season with... let's say "baggage"

Not a fan.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
We could have tried to retain Charlie for less money and more term but instead we sign a guy off a terrible season with... let's say "baggage"

Not a fan.
yep greiss is this years Chad Johnson

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010
I have an issue with signing Greiss based off of things he’s done off the ice and I’ll leave it at that.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
I'm definitely not on the fire DA bandwagon over a bad backup goalie signing but i can't imagine that Chucky would cost much more than that.
charlie was 200k cheaper capwise, but wanted term and got 3 years in washington. i'll be surprised if he can remain on the NHL squad all three years

Kylester

Feb 28, 2020
Southern California
For what it's worth...I was sorry to see Chucky leave as well. But the Blues will obviously go with Hofer and Ellis in Springfield this season and they must feel Hofer will be ready to be the backup next year and Ellis is not that far behind. Perhaps that's the reason Chucky didn't get term. He did get slightly less money than Greiss, but perhaps the Blues felt Hofer and Ellis were close enough that committing 3 years to Chucky would hold them back too much.

Don't absolutely know any of that. Just speculating...

Reactions: shpongle falls

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Don't love this signing especially when somebody like Samsonov was available for 500k more. Trying to get into Army's head on this one, perhaps his thought process was to provide a 1 year stopgap to give Hofer more time before coming to NHL. I liked Lindgren as well but I would not have wanted to see the Blues match the contract the Caps gave him.

As far as the off ice stuff goes... I don't care if he leads us to another cup I won't ever offer to buy that guy a beer. Lets just hope he is only here for the year and we can all forget about him.

Reactions: Louie the Blue

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Google Thomas Greiss German National Hockey Team.
Thanks. Don't feel good about this now that I know.

His American political alignment is right wing and he has made social media posts supporting slightly more extreme Right wing figures like Rush Limbough, as well as liking provocative statements. He was barred from playing for Germany in international competition because of it.

Thanks. Not my kinda guy.

fcpremix88

Mar 9, 2007
Tampa
His American political alignment is right wing and he has made social media posts supporting slightly more extreme Right wing figures like Rush Limbough, as well as liking provocative statements. He was barred from playing for Germany in international competition because of it.

Today’s not the best day to be a Blues fan I guess. I’m glad we didn’t go for Lindgren, but we could’ve done better.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
1657747283604.png

Choosing that font for "SS" is certainly a choice -- especially for a German. Add him to the list of players I don't want to root for.

And apparently the Yeti, too:

"In a museum in Italy, there is a Nazi yeti. Reputedly collected on the orders of Heinrich Himmler, it was stuffed and brought home as part of a 1930s expedition to Tibet. And the reason the Third Reich was so interested in it was, at least according to some accounts, because of a belief it could be a missing link to the Aryan master race."

Last edited:

AVictoryDive

Jan 7, 2013
Collinsville, IL
View attachment 568800
Choosing that font for "SS" is certainly a choice -- especially for a German. Add him to the list of players I don't want to root for.

And apparently the Yeti, too:

"In a museum in Italy, there is a Nazi yeti. Reputedly collected on the orders of Heinrich Himmler, it was stuffed and brought home as part of a 1930s expedition to Tibet. And the reason the Third Reich was so interested in it was, at least according to some accounts, because of a belief it could be a missing link to the Aryan master race."

This is speculation and it’s false. Did a little digging and those 2 Ss where a tribute to his favorite bike brand Specialized Bicycles. If he was a Nazi he would not have lasted as long as he did. Far Right or Far left who gives a crap

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad