Player Discussion: Greiss is the word - appreciation thread

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
So as the new blood comes in Mr Steady will move on. If he gets to play in these upcoming games there’s a good chance many will only remember him for what has he done lately.

All Time Islanders List
Games - 5th ( 193)
Goals against - 8th (2.70 )three of the guys ahead didn’t play 50 games(Dubi,Lehner,Varly)
Save PCT - 3rd (915) the 2 ahead didn’t play 50 games . ( Dubi &Lehner)
Wins - 5th (101)
TOI - 5th
Shutouts - 6th

I’d say he qualifies as Alumni material. I know he will get offered a 2-3 year deal I just hope it’s not in the Metro .

Anyone have any good or bad Greiss memories to share ? LGI

TheWhiteWhale30

Dec 3, 2007
How about the ridiculous performance he put on during the entire Panthers series. Will definitely be a sad day watching him move on. He was great for us. Him and Nabby are the 2 goalies I’ve liked most in my 25 years of watching hockey. I will certainly be at his first game back as the visitor to give him a standing ovation

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
Hopefully he's got one big run left in him. My fiancee loved Greiss so I'm sure she will be sad when he is (more than likely) not re-signed. He had his rough moments, but overall, Greiss' career as an Islander will be remembered in a very positive light. He loved being here. I remember reading a story in 2015 (or 2016) when we had that huge blizzard, his wife had said that he drove around in his brand new Ford Raptor and pulled people out who had gotten stuck in the snow. Stand up dude.

edit: found link to the blizzard thing
Isles goalie helps stranded LIers during storm

Reactions: wingnutks

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010
He was so dominant in the Panthers series. A lot of folks wrote him off after serving up a shit sandwich because of Doug Weight’s refusal to have his team play defense, but I never lost faith in him. I wish him nothing but the best beyond his short time left with the Isles.

scott99

May 13, 2005
I like Greiss, he’s been a good Islander. Had one very bad year, but was good the other years. Be sad to see him go, but you can’t get in the way of progress. With Varlamov signed for 3 more years and Sorokin for 2 (and hopefully a lot more after that), there’s no space for Greiss.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
Gonna miss Greisser. He was pretty steady (except for one year where even Roy would have struggled) and was great value for his contract. I hope he goes out West with a nice big contract and plays well. He sounds like an even better guy off the ice-does a lot of charity work for kids and US military--fully support that !!

He'll be very motivated so hoping if he gets a chance, he is a stone wall in net.

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
How about the ridiculous performance he put on during the entire Panthers series. Will definitely be a sad day watching him move on. He was great for us. Him and Nabby are the 2 goalies I’ve liked most in my 25 years of watching hockey. I will certainly be at his first game back as the visitor to give him a standing ovation

He haunted Panthers . Was told he/his wife have family from Florida , so he gets up especially for those road games.

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
Great game by the Greisser tonight. Guy has been quality and a class act since we got him.. He has to know this is it for him with us, so I definitely feel for him. I hope he plays outside of the Division (and not to Toronto) next year as I want to root for him going forward.

When I think of all our goalies over the last couple of decades, nobody has made the unbelievable stops he has. The Poke check, the Florida series, and any game vs Carolina during that two or three year period. Will be a sad day.

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
Do you remember a few years ago when we always seemed to either a) give up a goal on the first shot of the game or b) give back a goal within a minute of scoring a game tying/big goal of our own.. Sometimes we did both of those. Amazing what quality goaltending will do for you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad