Greg Johnson passed away

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Such sad news...... Always liked ol Johnson. Original Predator and was a captain here once upon a time as well. Always a happy guy with that smile of his. Way before his time...

My condolences to the family,

RIP Greg :(

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
My recollection is that when he left Nashville, he signed with Detroit but never played. They found a heart issue. My guess is this is somehow related. I will never forget how excited he was for the fans when the team finally made the playoffs. He was on the radio, just bubbling--"oh you guys are just going to LOVE this!" I'm glad I went to hear him speak along with Vokoun a couple of years ago. RIP Captain.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
oh wow this is incredibly sad and heartbreaking. he was a great captain and was captain of the first team to make the playoffs. awful, awful news.

PredsHead

Nov 14, 2018
That really sucks, he was the first player I ever got to meet in person. He was doing some work with a charity at Baptist Hospital when my nephew was born. He seemed like a really good guy.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
None of the words I have are appropriate for this site.

Attachments

• 1998-99GregJohnsonhomewhitewithA5 (1).JPG
    1998-99GregJohnsonhomewhitewithA5 (1).JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 10

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
None of the words I have are appropriate for this site.

Thought of this jersey when I read the news.

Even sadder that in our short history hes not the first or even the second ex-Pred to pass.

RIP Johnny, the first Captain to take us to the playoffs

OldFan

Jul 3, 2019
I’m so very sorry to hear of this. He was a man; a good man who just happened to play NHL hockey. He was a respected player on the Preds when we were first season ticket holders. Days long past but well remembered. No hockey here without Greg and his teammates and their devotion to the game and Nashville.
But those are just unimportant memories at a time like this. What is important is a life lived giving all he had. God bless his family and walk with them during this valley
He was a good one.

AnalogKid

Oct 3, 2017
Wow....so very sad to hear. He was one of first players I really got into on the Preds. Seeing someone you looked up to and was younger than you is kinda sobering.

Prayers of peace for his family.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
This is awful. He was such a great person. :(

I remember one time I went to the movies at Opry Mills and I saw this guy at a little play area with his kids. I couldn't figure out why he was so familiar then I realized it was Greg Johnson and he was so nice and waved hello.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad