Greg Brady Fired

Status
Not open for further replies.

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012
I wonder if Wilner is feeling alittle heat. Now that we have a small ball back up coach. He just doesnt strike me as a smart baseball mind.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
I wonder if Wilner is feeling alittle heat. Now that we have a small ball back up coach. He just doesnt strike me as a smart baseball mind.

He's always tooted management's horn, even when they did nothing at all, so I assume he'll just kiss Shapiro's butt enough to stick around like he always does.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
There were a lot more others at Rogers I would have let go first.

toronto market has too many ex jocks and wannabe's living off the leafs and hockey's popularity ,

time for a cull right across the board in all avenues of media .including print news ,and internet
just start getting the best and PAY them!
sportsnet and tsn should clean house ,

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Most radio personalities should not be in the same city for more than 5 years. Either they become redundant or absurd. Redundant because they have nothing left to say, absurd because they "make stuff up" to get ratings.
On a another note...colour men on broadcasts usually get boring, change them up. Leo Rautins is just so god awful. Seems like he puts in 15 seconds of prep time per broadcast. Same **** over and over.

MacGuyver

Jul 20, 2015
He's always tooted management's horn, even when they did nothing at all, so I assume he'll just kiss Shapiro's butt enough to stick around like he always does.

I know this is off topic but does anyone know why Wilner is never on Bobcat's show? Did he get blacklisted?

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006

Unfortunately for the many who dislike Wilner, he's not going anywhere. The Blue Jays media division is the only one which will be unaffected by the layoffs.

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
Seeing a lot of T&S and PTS comments.

Here are my two cents:

I HATE that they overlap.

I used to listen to T&S for their "edutainment" where it's just funny, good humor news/analysis of sports. Then, I'd follow it up with PTS where I feel McCowan gives blunt, straightforward, insightful analysis. The timeslots worked really well, and I hate how it is now.

Agree.. it used to be Leafs Lunch, then TS and then PTS. Now it will all get screwed up.

Brady was a total tool. But the Morning show on 590 is the absolute worst. Rusic and Blundell are the worst.

Saul Goodman

Attorney at law
Dec 12, 2009
Toronto
Tim and Sid were great in that time slot. Moving them to TV competing against PTS was a huge mistake.

With regards to Brady, couldn't stand the guy. Not a fan of the celebrity and tv gossip. He belongs on etalk or entertainment tonight.

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005

He learned his lesson years ago when he constantly questioned Cito's moves, Beeston had him sent home for the week end to think about his job.

MacGuyver

Jul 20, 2015
Tim and Sid were great in that time slot. Moving them to TV competing against PTS was a huge mistake.

With regards to Brady, couldn't stand the guy. Not a fan of the celebrity and tv gossip. He belongs on etalk or entertainment tonight.

You gotta think SN is prepping for Bobcat leaving/retiring from the show at some point... which would mean all of us would turn to T&S. Short term pain for long term gain.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto

About playing the actual game of baseball his insights are very limited. About the stats pertaining to the game and the history of the game, he's practically a savant. I'd be happy if he were just put back to post game shows citing his stats and correcting nervous/drunk callers.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Damn, and Sammut too. I liked Sammut, seemed like a very nice guy. Hope they both can land other gigs.

They both didnt bring anything unique to the table. Thats what Rogers should be looking for.

Deuce Awesome

Feb 23, 2010
Brady and alarmforce commericals were the reason I tuned out of sports radio. Doubt i will tune back in as the internet has replaced it in a spectacular way.

Thissiteisgarbage

Oct 14, 2014
If Greg lost the blueprints, it made sense for Mike to fire him. He'd never learn responsibility otherwise.

brady_den_1.jpg

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
T&S need to be off TV, they get preempted way too often. Some live show runs long into their show, or they have to cut away early for a hockey pregame show.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
People don't get fired in radio, they get let go. A lot of times it has to do with the station and not the announcer themselves. They probably decided that enough was enough and they let him go. Other stations will be totally willing to give Brady a job, I'd be surprised if he doesn't have one in 3 months.

They get let go at a pretty crazy rate actually. And you're right, it's more about a new director/boss coming in, deciding they want to go in a different direction, and the first person let go is the on-air talent. Sometimes due to ratings, sometimes it's other things. I'm in school for radio broadcasting, and it scares the crap out of me that I'm going to be the first person canned considering I'll be on-air pretty soon. He will get a job somewhere else though, you don't make it to Toronto as an on-air personality unless you have connections or are simply that good at the job. Takes a good 20 years for most people in radio to make it here after spending all those years in the middle of nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad