Greg Brady Fired

Status
Not open for further replies.

camperjr

Feb 19, 2007
I am assuming there is already a thread on this so I am hoping this will re-direct me to it.

On the off chance this is the first thread...why? I felt Brady and Walker had been growing stronger. I strongly disliked them in the morning, but the move to 1 had been good. And part of the reason I liked Walker is that he makes fun of Brady. How than they fire one without the other.

Last edited:

RyanOhReally

Jan 21, 2015
Georgetown, ON
People don't get fired in radio, they get let go. A lot of times it has to do with the station and not the announcer themselves. They probably decided that enough was enough and they let him go. Other stations will be totally willing to give Brady a job, I'd be surprised if he doesn't have one in 3 months.

Leafin

Apr 2, 2009
The show sucked.

Tim and Sid should go back to that time slot. I don't care if it makes business sense, more for personal preference and when i can listen to them.

McCowen is good on the drive home. I never get to see Tim and sid anymore.

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
I remember listening to him with Watters on Leafs Lunch. Haven't listened to talk radio since (probably a good 5 years).

Surprised he lasted as long as he did

camperjr

Feb 19, 2007
I also agree that Tim and Sid should come back. I never watch their tv show, and I loved their radio show. the problem is that from 5-7 I would rather listen to Prime Time.

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener
The only person that could have replaced t&s was cabbie

Everything else was same old vanilla hockey show

Marmoset

Apr 4, 2015
GTA
The show sucked.

Tim and Sid should go back to that time slot. I don't care if it makes business sense, more for personal preference and when i can listen to them.

McCowen is good on the drive home. I never get to see Tim and sid anymore.

I still don't see how putting them on TV, against McCown, makes any business sense.

I guess the idea is a more national audience, but how much is a show like that ever going to draw on TV at that hour? At any hour?

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Was never a huge fan of Brady but it's never fun to see someone with a family lose their job.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
There are only a handful of solid radio personalities/analysts.

Brady is not one of them. Granted, there's a good chance the replacement is just as bad or worse.

Leafin

Apr 2, 2009
Yea Cabbie has gone downhill since his score days.

I find McCowen to be the most informative in terms of the interviews. Tim and Sid new show is trash. The time is poor decision making on Sportsnet part as PTS is better. Having them side to side is a waste.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Brady was a tool. So annoying

Yep. The guy thinks he's a comedian and tried way too hard to be funny. Walker is so much better and I'm glad he's flying solo. Will actually listen to that show again.

Feb 24, 2004
I remember listening to him with Watters on Leafs Lunch. Haven't listened to talk radio since (probably a good 5 years).

Surprised he lasted as long as he did

He's been great over the past 5 years.

As an older, more experienced host, this likely was nothing more than budget cuts rearing its ugly head in the canadian media industry (yet again).

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Not a huge fan, but like someone posted above...I hate seeing people lose their job. Having said that, my favourite under-rated broadcaster in Toronto is Steven Brunt by a landslide. Extremely understated, but seems to know something about everything. Always seems to give a rational response without personal bias. I am not sure if he has the time, but I would love to hear him on the radio more often.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Agreed, Brunt is one of the best ones out the. Level headed, well researched, etc.

StanleyTOR

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
twitter.com
Seeing a lot of T&S and PTS comments.

Here are my two cents:

I HATE that they overlap.

I used to listen to T&S for their "edutainment" where it's just funny, good humor news/analysis of sports. Then, I'd follow it up with PTS where I feel McCowan gives blunt, straightforward, insightful analysis. The timeslots worked really well, and I hate how it is now.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Brady was the worst, completely unlistenable.

He always seemed to have a juvenile and idiotic analogy for everything, most of which did not even remotely make sense.

He would start a thought and before finishing his sentence start another thought without finishing his earlier thought ... drove me absolutely nuts!

Oh yeah, did you know he grew up in Detroit? Listen for another 5 minutes because I'm sure he'll mention it twice within that time.

Good riddance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad