Greer Arrested

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Why do you guys make such a big deal out of nothing (atm)? I don't get it. It's not that he crashed a Tim Hortons or something ...

DhH9WMaXcAA0dqW.jpg

Now that is some serious sh!t :laugh:
I know it's a joke setup but tbf, no one's making it a big deal. I don't know if anyone even cares either way. :laugh:

Reactions: RumpleSnipeSkin

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Face punching - check.

But can he skate?

Oh, AJG can skate and he can hit. There’s never been any question on those two aspects of his game.

To me, he has two major flaws:

1. Low end IQ. The penalties are an obvious example of it, but he is also chasing the game a ton and not anticipating much. He doesn’t read how the play is developing or how to effectively forecheck/backcheck.

2. In the NHL, his offense looks non-existent. Whether it’s a coaching instruction or he just bottles it confidence-wise, he can’t do anything with the puck in the show. Total plug. Dump and chase, scuff shots, slap shot passes. It’s super weird because he doesn’t do this at all in the AHL.

Also, Bednar appears to legit hate the guy lol. Don’t know how he can fix that.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I don't see how it should effect his Avs career. Like if we ditch him for this, someone else would just pick him up and don't care. Are the current organization always obligated to ditch a player who gets in trouble with the law and then it's free game to pick him up?
I am probably one of the biggest AJ Greer fans here, I think he has a lot more to give and one reason why is because I don't think Bednar has used him properly at his time in the NHL. However, I disagree that someone will randomly pick him up. Sure he had a promising season in the AHL just last season, but teams normally have at least one to two players that have similar numbers. Organizations aren't obligated to ditch players, but considering social media nowadays this might come with backlash and image is a lot. Will be interesting to see what happens since Avs did qualify him, but they might not extend him until September which sounds like his case is.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lemonlimey

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Jokes aside, it doesn't really affect my estimation of the man one way or the other. This isn't a guy who assaulted a woman in broad daylight or attacked a cab driver. In the end I think AJ's fate with the Avs was already sealed anyway, regardless of how bad a look this is for two guys struggling to make an NHL roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad