Greer Arrested

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
Greer scored 44 points in 54 games with the Eagles last season. I'm highly doubtful he would have cleared waivers. After this incident...maybe? We'll have to wait for the details but even after this I would bet a team would be willing to take a flyer on him.

Maybe a team with poor professional scouting from the Eastern conference will take him even now.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Just another reason to move on from this donkey.

Burning through that July 1st signing bonus of $75,000 real quick.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
FWIW Milano's dad is claiming the other guy was being drunk and rowdy and wouldn't leave their apartment when they asked him according to that article. That's what led to the altercation.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Only bar brawl I ever got involved in was on the deck bar at the Sports Column in Denver. Some shithead started a fight with my buddy, and my buddy is not a little guy, he absolutely DESTROYED the idiot, who had to be carted off in an ambulance. But the real fun started when other dude's friend decided to jump in and started blindly swinging at everyone within arm's reach. I got dinged, my buddy's big brother got concussed and was later hospitalized for memory loss, and a bartender got hit as well, and that's what got my friend in trouble, he got all butt-hurt about it and decided to press charges against all three guys even though my friend didn't start it. Charges were later dropped.

Makar to MacK

Sep 14, 2018
Saint Cloud, FL
Only bar brawl I ever got involved in was on the deck bar at the Sports Column in Denver. Some ****head started a fight with my buddy, and my buddy is not a little guy, he absolutely DESTROYED the idiot, who had to be carted off in an ambulance. But the real fun started when other dude's friend decided to jump in and started blindly swinging at everyone within arm's reach. I got dinged, my buddy's big brother got concussed and was later hospitalized for memory loss, and a bartender got hit as well, and that's what got my friend in trouble, he got all ********* about it and decided to press charges against all three guys even though my friend didn't start it. Charges were later dropped.
Cool story, Hanzal.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
I don't think this incident plays a huge role going forward, this stuff happen to platers every now and then. (I don't think Sakic appreciates getting this news on his 50th birthday though)

I expect him to go on waivers in september anyway.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Alright, I’ve thought about it.

For once, let’s assume the best.

What we know: AJ Greer won an award for his humanitarian and charity work in the San Antonio community just a year ago.

What we’ve heard: Milano’s dad said some dude at the apartment house party was getting rowdy and didn’t want to leave. His kid and A.J. took him out.

What we can assume: Good guy Greer and his buddy Sonny took it upon themselves to “police” the situation. This guy probably took exception and then Greer and Milano did what big dumb oafs do; imposed their physical dominance.

Let’s wait to hear more.

Last edited:

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Looks like a 3rd degree assault on a first offense does not lead to jail time in NY state, only probation if convicted.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
It would be ironic to get rid of a guy for.....ya know...... fighting
I don't see how it should effect his Avs career. Like if we ditch him for this, someone else would just pick him up and don't care. Are the current organization always obligated to ditch a player who gets in trouble with the law and then it's free game to pick him up?

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Unless or until details emerge that put Greer in a bad light, this isn't a big deal to me. And I think I like him less than most of this board.

Agreed. This isn't even battery for pete's sake, the guy had no serious injuries. In Canada this would be called a "consensual fight" and bygones would be bygones.

Reactions: Foxtail

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
Why do you guys make such a big deal out of nothing (atm)? I don't get it. It's not that he crashed a Tim Hortons or something ...

DhH9WMaXcAA0dqW.jpg

Now that is some serious sh!t :laugh:

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad