Recalled/Assigned: Greening sent back to Bingo

The Waffler

Registered Offender
Jul 10, 2009
Planet Earth
What a ridiculous thread this has become. He also signed guys like Turris and Karlsson to long term sweet heart deals. If we signed Hoffman to long term deal, who's to say he stays hungry and produces like he is now. It's a no win situation with you people. If he was signed and sucked, we'd hear "awww Murray hasn't learned from his mistakes!!!! GRRRRR".

But yes, what a terrible move by management to get a guy who could score 40 goals in at a 2M contract. Oh, the horror.

I honestly feel that Sens fans in general have trust issues. After Heatley, Alfie and Spezza all skipping town, I'm not sure I can blame them :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
What a ridiculous thread this has become. He also signed guys like Turris and Karlsson to long term sweet heart deals. If we signed Hoffman to long term deal, who's to say he stays hungry and produces like he is now. It's a no win situation with you people. If he was signed and sucked, we'd hear "awww Murray hasn't learned from his mistakes!!!! GRRRRR".

But yes, what a terrible move by management to get a guy who could score 40 goals in at a 2M contract. Oh, the horror.

Personally, I think Bryan Murray's failures as a GM are acutely represented by his inability to have perfect 20/20 hindsight.

A good GM should be able to accurately predict the future 100% of the time, and sign players accordingly. And prevent crime via precognition, like in Minority Report.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
People are trying to find thousands of reasons why Greening is not able to stick in the NHL when the answer is simple : he lacks puck skills.

As a forward, if you're not a fighter you need a minimum of puck skills to cycle the puck. When he played with Spezza and Michalek, all he had to do was making space for them and go retrieve the puck. He seemed a bit better with the puck back then, for some reason some players are successful for not very long. Look at Semin for example, was deadly a few years ago, now he is useless and he is just 31...

It has nothing to do with being smart, you can't have all talents...

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
You know what's ironic?

How Greening gets talked about more on this board than any other forward not in the top-6. We just love arguing over the guy. There aren't many other players like him, in terms of contrast of book versus hockey smarts, of which he has none.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Seen enough of this guy, no more wasting callup,s and roster spots on him .Either buy him out, or leave him in the AHL until his contract expires

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Seen enough of this guy, no more wasting callup,s and roster spots on him .Either buy him out, or leave him in the AHL until his contract expires

I think he was only up so hawks could look at him and even then...

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
So.....how has Greening been in Bingo?

If he is at least decent down there, then I don't see what the big deal would be in buying him out. We need a few solid players down there for the kids.

Of course, if he stinks down there and has a toxic attitude....that's a different story.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
People are trying to find thousands of reasons why Greening is not able to stick in the NHL when the answer is simple : he lacks puck skills.

As a forward, if you're not a fighter you need a minimum of puck skills to cycle the puck. When he played with Spezza and Michalek, all he had to do was making space for them and go retrieve the puck. He seemed a bit better with the puck back then, for some reason some players are successful for not very long. Look at Semin for example, was deadly a few years ago, now he is useless and he is just 31...

That's the impression i get too. I think perhaps he became confused about his role over the years too. If he was a checker or top 6 forward

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005

I agree. And Greening looked better then he was due to situation. In a 4th line role he wouldn't have seemed to have as much upside. He looked better to everyone then he was. To Murray, the rest of the NHL to fans. To even Greening. Hindsight is never 20/20. But to most anyone Greening looked like a B grade power forward. Reality in
Time showed he had no hockey sense.

Murray made a mistake. As did many fans. And many GMs on other teams. When he was signed many people expected a much better player. Greening was not that player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad