Value of: Greening, Michalek, Laich

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Let's run with an all rookie/youth lineup... it's worked out well for Edmonton.....

scan15*

May 11, 2016
GTA
Michalak could have some good value at the trade deadline if he gets to play with Matthews.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I think we'll keep all three of them unless we get a good futures offer. All three played well last year and should only get better as they grasp the system and gel with new (and better) line mates.

We should find takers for Holland and maybe Leivo, which shouldn't be hard since they are both young, cheap, and good players. We get rid of the log jam, and we can use some of our Marlies as tentative 13th forwards; which will give them plenty of experience without rushing them in too fast.

Hoverhand

Barry Trotzky
Dec 6, 2015
Ontario
Greening is worth his money, so if anybody wants a decent depth scorer at 2.6 he's there.

Laich and Michalek aren't going anywhere unless we take back *cringes* Pavelec.

vipernsx

Flatus Expeller
Sep 4, 2005
Any takers at 50%?

Let's run with an all rookie/youth lineup... it's worked out well for Edmonton.....

Greening and Robidas for Dan Girard.

Good veteran and great locker room presence for a young group, albeit overpaid for what he now brings on the ice. At the very least, DG provides what Robidas would have.

Rangers place Robidas on LTIR and use the extra $$ where they need it. Use Greening instead of Tanner Glass as the back and fourth AHL guy on the 4th line. Greening at least has wheels.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Keep Laich.. he is perfect to mentor the youth. IMO I'd not only keep him, but I'd sign him for a few more years at a cheaper price

This stage in the youths career over tje next few years is huge. Laich is a perfect guy to have around. You need players like him in the dressing room and out and about in the city to show the kids what it takes to be a professional athlete

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Given they're all in contract years, there's no point in trading them now at 50% retained. Simply wait until their cap hit dies down over the course of the season and ship them off at the deadline.

Paneerboy

Leave Zach alone
May 16, 2015
Keep Laich.. he is perfect to mentor the youth. IMO I'd not only keep him, but I'd sign him for a few more years at a cheaper price

This stage in the youths career over tje next few years is huge. Laich is a perfect guy to have around. You need players like him in the dressing room and out and about in the city to show the kids what it takes to be a professional athlete

Since Laich has come around I've loved him. I'd embrace taking him back (at a cheaper price) for sure.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Since Laich has come around I've loved him. I'd embrace taking him back (at a cheaper price) for sure.

Yup.. IMO the acquisition of him was brilliant. I praised the Leafs big time at the time he was acquired and I still praise them for it.

McLeafy

Sep 26, 2014
whats the motivation for doing this?

i honestly don't understand why we move any of them now @50% as opposed to the trade deadline :shakehead

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Greening is worth his money, so if anybody wants a decent depth scorer at 2.6 he's there.

Laich and Michalek aren't going anywhere unless we take back *cringes* Pavelec.

Huh? Before going to Toronto, he had 1 point in 27 games with Ottawa through 1.5 seasons and only 20 points in 53 games in the AHL...

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
I think Babcock would like to have a logjam at training camp. Let everyone count heads and dig in a little harder.

I think he would like the option of having enough vets that he could send down every last waiver-exempt rookie, and waive the non-waiver-exempt rooks, without counting on a single one of them for a roster spot unless it's been well earned.

Once he's satisfied there are youngsters qualified to play, Lou will clear room by trade, waivers, buyouts or exile to Robidas Island.

I'm not really expecting to see a roster that fits all nicely together with three, four, five or six rookies in key spots all waiting for them before training camp even starts. They need to earn those spots first. Then Lou will make room on the roster.

I would not expect Michalek and Greening to go anywhere anytime soon.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016

Good veteran and great locker room presence for a young group, albeit overpaid for what he now brings on the ice. At the very least, DG provides what Robidas would have.

Rangers place Robidas on LTIR and use the extra $$ where they need it. Use Greening instead of Tanner Glass as the back and fourth AHL guy on the 4th line. Greening at least has wheels.

so a couple guys with expiring contracts for an anchor with 4 years left.

hard pass. girardi is terrible

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario

For a second I thought Dan Girard was some scrub prospect you were offering for greening and wanted to take robidas on as he can be put on LTIR. Than I realized that's Danny girardi. He's got what 5 years left. Sorry but that's a deal we can't and won't make. 1 year both these contracts are up, girardi will hurt our future by taking up cap space and being an able in a year or two.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Huh? Before going to Toronto, he had 1 point in 27 games with Ottawa through 1.5 seasons and only 20 points in 53 games in the AHL...

and then he put up 0.5ppg as a leaf with 0 pp time in a 3rd line role....
he is what he is, a bottom 6 guy that scores at a .36pace and should be good for 25-30pts

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
just ride out the season with them. Probably trade michalek at the deadline for a 3rd

probably this.

greening,laich,michalek,hunwick should be able to get us a few mid rd picks at the deadline, and open up spots for a few rookies

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad