Confirmed with Link: Greene traded to Nyi for 2021 2nd and David Quenneville

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
I've been watching the 2012 playoff run on YouTube and Andy was an absolute BEAST that entire run. A legitimate top pair guy for us for awhile and completely under the radar which is peak Devils.

Reactions: My3Sons

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He really couldn't be here next year, so it was time to move on.

As cooked as I think he is, I do think him being gone this year makes us worse, because it means that BUMS like Mueller will get even more ice time.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Maybe lil’Quenneville might get a better shot in Bing because pretty much all the blue line offense is from random AHL lifers. If we don’t sign Walsh and Smith sticks with the big club there’s no offensive dmen on the way either.

The value of the Isles 2021 2nd will depend a lot on the moves Lou makes in next off-season. If they don’t sign Hall or trade for a similar player than maybe they fall a bit in the standings.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
All the best to you Andy but it was past time for us both to move on. I'm thrilled we made this move, and nabbed a 2nd no less.

They can go captain-less well into next season for all I care, let's see who (besides Nico) emerges as a bona fide team leader.

If that player is Nico, great. If it's a vet like (an extended) Coleman or Palmieri, I'm cool with that too.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
so who's playing LD now? LMAO...it's actually pretty funny (not that I'm against this trade...definitely needed to happen, especially with that return).

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I feel bad seeing that Sal and Dano are basically in tears on the air but this is what happens when you do big stuff right before a game, the emotions are still too raw for goodness sakes.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Thank you Andy! Best of luck!

He's a guy who nobody expected to ever become anything. He emerged to be a #1D for a few years. He might have been one of the most underrated defenders in the league for a while. While he didn't do anything spectacular, he was just rock solid with no weaknesses. People liked to bag on his shot, but he could bring it when he wanted to.

I thought he was snubbed for one of the Olympic teams because we needed grenade handler Dustin Byfuglien and his almighty powerful shot.

FFS Mirco Mueller is our #1LD. Ho-lee shit we are bad

Reactions: JK3

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
Makes you wonder exactly what Shero was planning to do to address the left side of our D. It's something he neglected for years. Without Greene, it's a barren wasteland. Hell, it was already

NyIsles91

Feb 24, 2017
hey so i was just dropping in to ask how has greene been this year?

seems like a very nice return for you guys

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
hey so i was just dropping in to ask how has greene been this year?

seems like a very nice return for you guys

Bottom pairing or even as an extra he will be fine. He is old and slow. He will bring zero offense, but he can still kill a PK.

As long as you don’t ask too much of him you will be good with him. Good locker room guy and leader type. Definitely a Lou guy through and through.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
He really couldn't be here next year, so it was time to move on.

As cooked as I think he is, I do think him being gone this year makes us worse, because it means that BUMS like Mueller will get even more ice time.

Or Mueller gets told he’s going to play the last 25 games no ifs ands or buts and starts to feel comfortable and with a bit of confidence shows he can be at least a meh NHL defender which is some level of improvement.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Or Mueller gets told he’s going to play the last 25 games no ifs ands or buts and starts to feel comfortable and with a bit of confidence shows he can be at least a meh NHL defender which is some level of improvement.

it doesn’t really matter much. This season is long lost and they will not be planning on giving Mueller major minutes beyond this season unless we are tanking.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Meh

I want him gone after this year, no matter what. He isn't any good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad