Post-Game Talk: Green jacket, Blue Jacket who gives a ****?

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
boring low scoring game but at least we didn't rack up a loser point, or any points for that matter

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Too few players that can step up to a physical team. Tatar/Nyquist/Larkin fall over if you look at them.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Mrazek was good, looks like Vanek is okay which is awesome. Couple more weeks of tough games.

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
Werenski and Atkinson are fun to watch. I'll probably cheer for them in the playoffs.
As for the wings, I'm just cheering for good health. I was legitimately mad that vanek got hurt, but he looks ok now.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Wow, glad I missed most of it after the 1st. Saw Vanek score to tie it up and had to go to work.

avssuc

Hockey is for everyone!
May 1, 2016
Gulf Coast
I don't know about you guys, but I enjoyed watching this game

Me too. I initially thought the post Vanek hit was inside-post, thought they played hard, just got beat by a much better team that wasn't playing at the top of their game.

The Wings just aren't that good. Pretty bad actually. I'm happy with the effort though.

Props to Heaton for the sick thread title!

Last edited:

avssuc

Hockey is for everyone!
May 1, 2016
Gulf Coast
Our big players suck worse than them. Abdelkader looking great out there with his 4 goals on the year.

Saw on the bottom line that Eaves has 21 goals. Not that anyone saw that coming, just think it's funny that he makes 1/4th what Abby makes, has 17 less years on his contract, and turned out to be far more useful.

Jim Lahey has a couple useful expressions to explain this situation.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Saw on the bottom line that Eaves has 21 goals. Not that anyone saw that coming, just think it's funny that he makes 1/4th what Abby makes, has 17 less years on his contract, and turned out to be far more useful.

Jim Lahey has a couple useful expressions to explain this situation.
And how long do you think he'll be cheap if he scores like that? While you're at it, how many goals do you think he'd have playing with Glendening and Sheahan and Nielsen instead of Seguin/Benn?

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
And how long do you think he'll be cheap if he scores like that? While you're at it, how many goals do you think he'd have playing with Glendening and Sheahan and Nielsen instead of Seguin/Benn?

What is this you speak of??? Are you saying better supporting players help a team?? Something maybe KH should look into!!!!

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
Mrasuck should watch Bobrovsky nothing accidentally hit him he was in position and made several filthy saves on deflected pucks.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI

Apparently only 3 or 4 more months! Yup he will sure get more than a million/. He wouldn't have as many goals with Sheahan but might be good with Nielsen. It should be said that Eaves earned the position on a top line in Dallas and has been consistent all season.

As mentioned no one saw that he would rebound into this productive of a player. With his injuries and being outscored by Drew Miller he was the odd man out. Now, with Miller waived I think it proves the 2014 trade for Legwand wasn't the best idea. Some said it was important to help make the playoffs; several were not happy with the trade- although no one I heard was worried about Eaves at the time.

Players can have resurgences. As disappointing as Abdelkader is this season I still say he's injured. Something is very wrong with him, it's impossible he's this out of it. In Columbus yesterday I felt he was skating slightly better and looked more loose. Didn't he almost get a shot on net? Lol, small steps. Have to hope he improves next season if for nothing more than lifting his value back up out of the garbage pit.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
If Patrick Eaves does not leave via trade and is re-signed, he continues to put up 7-10 goals here. He fits in perfectly in Dallas. They have so many scoring options, and Eaves plays a gritty role with an excellent wrist shot. He's always had a shot. There's a reason he was used on the PP.

The trade was absolutely the best thing to happen to Patrick Eaves. Really happy for him, and would love to see him land over 3M per.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
The trade was absolutely the best thing to happen to Patrick Eaves. Really happy for him, and would love to see him land over 3M per.

Pretty much. A lot folks here can't appreciate when a miscast or underused player goes on to have success elsewhere. Eaves was great in his role on this team when he was healthy, but he was simply pushed out of the lineup due to his injuries and never got back on track. It happens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad