Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Game 3 vs Nashville in 2018

Votes: 21 40.4%
  • Big Buff's first shift in pre-season after losing NHL team for 15 years

Votes: 7 13.5%

• Total voters

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I was lucky to be at both Game 3 Nashville comeback and the 1st pre-season game. Slight edge to the pre-season game, as it somehow exceeded every possible hope and expectation anyone had after 15 years in the wilderness of resentment. Buff's first shift and our first rounder Scheifele scoring 2+2. It was NUTS.

Connor's series winning 3OT goal getting no love. Another casualty of the pandemic.
I was at the first preseason game too. Probably the most intense preseason game in NHL history lol

I remember watching Buff during the anthems... he was just vibrating

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Game 3 against Nashville was sweet. Went to the Whiteout Party on a whim that night and it was amazing.

Buff’s shift is a close second. I’ll always be thankful for him playing up the crowd during a freaking exhibition game. It was nice to see after reading shit all summer that no players were gonna want to play in Winnipeg.

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
2018 run was great

Still send this to the wife’s relatives if they get yappy

CP123969348.jpg

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Man I'm old. I was at that Edmonton game when Ellet scored. I thought the upper deck was going to collapse.

I'd go with Buff's first shift though from the modern era. I wasn't at the Preds game otherwise that would likely be it.

The first season our ticket group was shocked when I took the first pre-season game with my second pick in the draft (home opener against Montreal was my first pick). I was more emotional at the pre-season game than I was at the regular season home opener. There were easily more electric games in the first season (Boston comes to mind) but that first shift was insane. Buff looking around and nodding at the crowd as he went to the penalty box was priceless.
The crowd after Ellett's goal is the loudest I've heard anywhere.
I also thought the upper deck was coming down.

Reactions: macmaroon

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Unfortunately it is the announcement of the team's return.

Nothing on the ice comes close, although if there were fans in the building for the Edmonton sweep, it may have been in the running for me.

If you asked me to pick a real on ice moment, it would be Joe Morrow's 3-2 goal to give the franchise its first playoff win. I had nightmares after minny took the lead in that game that the franchise was cursed.

Last edited:
Reactions: TommyKillian

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
Unfortunately it is the announcement of the team's return.

Nothing on the ice comes close, although if there were fans I the building for the Edmonton sweep, it may have been in the running for me.

If you asked me to pick a real on ice moment, it would be Joe Morrow's 3-2 goal to give the franchise its first playoff win. I had nightmares after minny took the lead in that game that the franchise was cursed.
Yeah, I think the Minnesota series deserves some love. Up to that point we had to hear "Yeah, why don't you guys win a playoff game first before you trash talk". Then it was "Yeah, why don't you guys win a playoff series first before you trash talk". That Minnesota series win put an end to all that. And then the Nashville series kicked it to the curb.

m.

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad