Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Van Bronckhorst

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Riolo and Dugarry almost fought each other yesterday.
Dugarry was once again saying how Riolo knew nothing about football since he didn't play the guy said "well you comment on CL football and you were never good enough to play it". :laugh:
ZING ! :biglaugh:

Didn't Dugarry play in the CL with Milan and Barcelona? Don't remember if he did with his French teams, if he meant that. I remember his couple of UEFA cup runs at least. Or maybe the emphasis was on the "not good enough" part?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yes it was. Of course he played it and had some good UEFA runs (one in which he was actuall useful). But you should have seen his face. :laugh:

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
That list probably a bit too modern. But Maldini would probably win regardless so....

Cole would be the closest to me. Probably the most complete left back as Maldini was much more of a "pure" defender. For me Maldini was more a central defender that happened to play left-back for parts of his career.

The way the game has developed I would have taken Cole over Maldini if we are talking about filling the left-back position only.

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
Found the guy who hasn't watched either player play and has only seen Youtube compilations of Roberto Carlos free kicks set to techno music.

OK lol.

ESM toty: 7-4
World cup XI: 2-2
UEFA XI: 2-2
UEFA defender of the year: 2-1
Both voted to world cup dream XI

Looks like a clear win for RC. But I guess the media who votes for these things like ESM toty and defender of the year also never watched either player play. Maldini was a great player, he just gets overrated because of how long he played.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
OK lol.

ESM toty: 7-4
World cup XI: 2-2
UEFA XI: 2-2
UEFA defender of the year: 2-1
Both voted to world cup dream XI

Looks like a clear win for RC. But I guess the media who votes for these things like ESM toty and defender of the year also never watched either player play. Maldini was a great player, he just gets overrated because of how long he played.
Angelo Peruzzi has the same amount of ESM TOTY appearances as Buffon. Are they equal? No one gives two shits about that irrelevant award.

Maldini is a top 3 defender of all time. This is pretty much universally agreed upon by anyone who watched the sport when he played. Roberto Carlos isn't even the best Brazilian LB of all time. He's probably not even top 2. The only thing he was the best at was punting shots into the stands from 40 yards out.

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
Maldini was BOOED by his own Milan fans in his last match in San Siro. Can you believe it? This is how f***ing ROTTEN is Serie A.
Besides, he's one of the All Time Greats, no question.

P.S.: Who voted Marcelo? :lol: Evra?? :lol: :lol: Ashley Cole??????????? :lol: :lol: :lol:

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Maldini was BOOED by his own Milan fans in his last match in San Siro. Can you believe it? This is how ****ing ROTTEN is Serie A.

P.S.: Who voted Marcelo? :lol: Evra?? :lol: :lol: Ashley Cole??????????? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Booing Maldini was one of the most embarrassing things I’ve ever seen from home fans.

Ashley Cole was by no means a Maldini, it he was better than a lot of the other guys. For me, Ashly Cole was the best and most consistent of the entire English “golden generation” era.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
Maldini was BOOED by his own Milan fans in his last match in San Siro. Can you believe it? This is how ****ing ROTTEN is Serie A.

An incredibly small section of ultras booed Maldini, and it had nothing to do with his play on the pitch.

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
An incredibly small section of ultras booed Maldini, and it had nothing to do with his play on the pitch.

It was not that small (a good chunk of the "Curva" booed him because he called them out once) and with a Legend like Maldini not a single person of any team should EVER dare to boo him. Don't try to excuse that bunch of thugs, they are worse than you think and this is just the tip of the iceberg.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad