Great but not so well-known plays from past years

Nizzle

no hope, no future, no second chance
May 13, 2009
With so much drama in the OAB, I thought it would be nice to reminisce about great but not necessarily so well-known plays by the FLYERS in the past years. I'll start with few:

Timonen was always one of my favourite players and one of the reasons I started to follow this team. This clip is just one of the examples on how surprisingly strong he was.

This was against Crosby against his prime. In the same season, Jason Spezza was in a similar situation against Crosby and got absolutely embarrassed.

I just had to include this one. Jody Shelley with the silky mitts. I remember laughing so hard when I saw this.

Nizzle

May 13, 2009

Here's the clip with Crosby against Spezza

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
Alexander Daigle's OT goal, his first goal as a Flyer, began with his defensive play.

That was the game in which Wayne Cashman was removed as head coach but was still on the bench.

I know I can't be the only one that remembers them playing a video of Daigle's gear getting tossed into the back of a box truck when the team didn't want him anymore.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
I know I can't be the only one that remembers them playing a video of Daigle's gear getting tossed into the back of a box truck when the team didn't want him anymore.

As I recall, there was a trade to Edmonton after Daigle requested to be moved, He then balked because the Oilers wanted him to sign an extension. Days later, or whenever, there was a three-way trade in which he ended in Tampa Bay. Clarke's exact words, at one point, when asked if he would trade Daigle "Who would want him?"

Nizzle

May 13, 2009

I remember watching this game. The Flyers were underachieving the whole season and around this time started to play like they should. Would be nice to know what would have happened in the past ten years if Pronger was able to play.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I probably will not describe it right, but Giroux lost his stick, hovered legs spread should width apart, defended the puck and then half spun to skate kick pass the puck. I’m fairly certain he wasn’t captain yet at the time.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad