Prospect Info: Grant Mismash, C/LW, 61st Overall, USNTDP

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
Well, you don't really have any choice in that. The # of ELC years is purely based on age, so you give them the number of years their age dictates, period.

Mismash has basically turned into a gritty bottom-6 type of guy. May not have the wheels to make the NHL. But who knows. I guess they found Smith while looking at him. They were pretty effective in their way in the NCAA, but that doesn't easily translate to NHL upside. He'll still have to work on his quickness, see how things progress in those full 2 years in Milwaukee, I suspect. But all to the good, get these guys in, see how it goes.

Huh, I had no idea about the age aspect of ELCs.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I liked Mismash, but he needs work on his skating. He did not stand out in the AHL. He also needs to lift some weights to increase his upper body strength. Sometimes he really checks people on the back check, sometimes he bounces off with no effect. Novak is a better player overall.

Reactions: GoldOnGold

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Not likely. MAYBE they can get him into a bottom line role but he's never really developed much past his draft year.
My daughter pointed out that he had a year to develop under Karl Taylor.

Look what Taylor and the goalie coach did for Cooley. He started out giving up too many goals. After 75% of the season, he was almost even with Ingram. He beat Chicago, the best regular season and playoff champion. At the start of the season, that would have been a 7-2 loss. He came a long way!

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
He's just underwhelmed at each stage
It seemed like just sort of flat-lined. The U18 got him drafted fairly high, and his freshman season was looking good. Then he just seemed to settle into that 3rd line role (with Cole Smith!) and never really progressed. Oh well.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00