Prospect Info: Grand Rapids Griffins Discussion

schuelma24

Jul 14, 2023
Danielson's season will end either Monday or Tuesday night. So, theoretically he could be available for the next series, logistics aside.

The question would be whether Dan Watson wants to try and indoctrinate a total new guy at this point of their season.

If they win, don't they have the WHL championship series still to play?

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
Ah, I thought they were currently in the final for the WHL. Didn't realize what else was involved, I can't keep up with all these Canadian junior leagues.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Danielson's season will end either Monday or Tuesday night. So, theoretically he could be available for the next series, logistics aside.

The question would be whether Dan Watson wants to try and indoctrinate a total new guy at this point of their season.
Is it only one game?
Lombardi is bottom 6 and only one year older. Pretty sure Danielson is better defensively

jfrank21

Oct 1, 2009
So, maybe Im just slow....but how has nobody thrown out a La Cossa Nostra reference for our 1st round goalie who is carrying our hopes and dreams and coming up huge in these playoffs so far? Quietly killing em this season!

Astyanax

May 5, 2020
So, maybe Im just slow....but how has nobody thrown out a La Cossa Nostra reference for our 1st round goalie who is carrying our hopes and dreams and coming up huge in these playoffs so far? Quietly killing em this season!
Well, I don't know, but probably because you shouldn't.🤔🤭

Reactions: flychairman

OldnotDeadWings

Sep 18, 2013
Luff has been out two games, is it because of an injury? He's a pretty important guy for them. Interesting they've gone with seven D minus Spezia, Luff and Hanas, who also might be dealing with something if not just scratched.

Last edited:

letsgowings9999

May 13, 2023
Whats going on with the griffins???

Went and see when they play next but theres no opponent and saw Milwaukee series is only game 3?? What gives??

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Whats going on with the griffins???

Went and see when they play next but theres no opponent and saw Milwaukee series is only game 3?? What gives??
Milwaukee had to wait to see who won the play in between Texas and Manitoba. Griffins series technically started early.

letsgowings9999

May 13, 2023
Milwaukee had to wait to see who won the play in between Texas and Manitoba. Griffins series technically started early.
So now we have a long ass break? That might not end well ... so its not like the nhl they dont wait for series to end before starting the next one ? How'd I never notice this lol

letsgowings9999

May 13, 2023
NHL started the 2nd round before the 1st round ended this year didn’t they?
Think the series ended same night though or a day off

feels like forever since griffins played and Milwaukee series is game 3 tonight could be a sweep for all I know, havent checked who's winning

OldnotDeadWings

Sep 18, 2013
Extra playoff series and travel considerations responsible for schedule mishmash. Probably a benefit to GR considering injuries and a chance to evaluate some shaky first-round moments. Hopefully Luff returns, he's an important player.

Amazing really that the NHL hasn't yet expanded playoffs. It's inevitable, probably to 20 teams. A one-week delay for best-of-three series among eight total WC qualifiers could work pretty easily. Every other major NA pro league has done it. What AHL is doing could be the preamble for NHL adoption within a couple years.

Last edited:

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
Extra playoff series and travel considerations responsible for schedule mishmash. Probably a benefit to GR considering injuries and a chance to evaluate some shaky first-round moments. Hopefully Luff returns, he's an important player.

Amazing really that the NHL hasn't yet expanded playoffs. It's inevitable, probably to 20 teams. A one-week delay for best-of-three series among eight total WC qualifiers could work pretty easily. Every other major NA pro league has done it. What AHL is doing could be the preamble for NHL adoption within a couple years.
it's inevitability especially if the league expands to 36 teams which is gross.

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
Milwaukee wins again, series goes to a decisive game 5.

Griffins will have to fight off some serious rust when they finally play again.

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
Should a NHL parent team be eliminated, Can can they drop eligible players down to the A for the post season run?

Also... it would seem the NHL parent would fund the AHL teams in the post season at a higher level. Just letting them fly coach on Southwest is better than the bus and has their post season better mirror that of the NHL.

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
Yes if they were on the AHL roster at the deadline, but waivers rules still apply. That is why Burger wasn't called up at the end of the season.

Thanks.

Thought I recalled a few players going down during the GR runs to the Calder (from other teams), I just didn't know the rules.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad