Prospect Info: Grand Rapids Griffins 2014/15 Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

gretskidoo

Nov 26, 2011
I say they sit him for the rest of the season.

Best way to learn hockey is to not play.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Holland's indecision is already affecting the Griffins. Backman sat tonight for Paetsch. Kind of a weird choice, too. Why use Paetsch AND Evans over Backman? Maybe Paetsch can be Blashill's Cleary.

Or maybe there is just a minor injury and he needed rest?

Why every roster move has to be some kind of conspiracy theory all the time?

Chex LeMeneux

May 4, 2014
Metro Detroit
I figured this would be the best place to put this as it's Grand Rapids related. I sent an email to MES (the guys who plan on covering the GR games) and the response was that they will be working with AT&T U-Verse. I think AT&T is less popular than WOW and Comcast so chances are they'll be working with those companies as well. Apparently they're also offering something called MES Complete Coverage for those who don't have access to it, and will be releasing information on all of this on mes-tv.com within the next week. Just thought I'd give you guys a heads up.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
+ healthy Andy Miele. That would add incredible depth.

I'd rather say it would add some much needed edge.

Pulkkinen is the offensive star on the team right now I'd say. Which is good, but I don't really view him in the same light as when Nyquist and Tatar "carried" the team. Miele and Mantha would add firepower and put the secondary type scorers in a better spot.

drumnj

Oct 19, 2009
IA
redwingslive.net
I figured this would be the best place to put this as it's Grand Rapids related. I sent an email to MES (the guys who plan on covering the GR games) and the response was that they will be working with AT&T U-Verse. I think AT&T is less popular than WOW and Comcast so chances are they'll be working with those companies as well. Apparently they're also offering something called MES Complete Coverage for those who don't have access to it, and will be releasing information on all of this on mes-tv.com within the next week. Just thought I'd give you guys a heads up.
Not this season...(did you by chance look at their response to the facebook message back on Sept 8?)

MES%20Press%20Release.jpg

Chex LeMeneux

May 4, 2014
Metro Detroit
Not this season...(did you by chance look at their response to the facebook message back on Sept 8?)

Ahh crap, I didn't know anything about that. I wish the guy would've said something about that, I got pretty excited lol. Anyways, I guess that stuff applies for next season then.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Miele on waivers today, so looks like he's healthy and ready to join the Griffs. As a snowball effect Berschbach has been assigned to Toledo.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Or maybe there is just a minor injury and he needed rest?

Why every roster move has to be some kind of conspiracy theory all the time?

How in the world would that even be considered a conspiracy theory?

But to respond, why does every roster move have to with great reason and void of error?

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
because Sproul isn't playing.
Maybe, but Ouellet isn't playing first unit. Jensen is. I think they're doing what they did last year, where Ouellet and Jensen would switch off on the second unit. It's not optimal, but what can you do.

Looks like they're rotating each of the defensemen, too. Backman was out, now Sproul, and probably it'll keep going like that. I guess it makes sense given the circumstances.

Also... I don't think it's just because of Sproul being out that they're awkward. They look very awkward at ES as well. I think it has something to do with having a slower forward group but still playing the same style as the really speedy Griffins teams of the last few years. A LOT of plays are dying right at the offensive blue line.

Ouellet scores! 1-0. Nice read to join the rush and then put a great wrister over the glove.

Wilbur*

Thoughts on Alexey Marchenko? Will we see him up this year? What's his upside?

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Depending on injuries, it'll be either Ouellet or Marchenko for the first call-up. Sproul, Jensen and Backman after that.

I have a feeling Jensen has moved in front of him in that pecking order at least for now, though Marchenko is bouncing back from an injury and can reclaim the spot behind Ouellet in that order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad