Prospect Info: Grand Rapids Griffins 2014/15 Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
as annoying as the Ouellet thing is i'm a little excited to see how the Griffins defense does

their third pairing should be better than most teams first pairing and they got probably the best Goalie in the AHL too

FissionFire

Dec 22, 2006
Las Vegas, NV
www.redwingscentral.com
Disappointing that Tvrdon couldn't win a spot on the Grifs.

Also really hope that Blashill isn't serious about playing Bruton on a line with Athanasiou and Frk. He has very limited skills and is really just an enforcer type. Playing him with two skill guys would just hinder their offensive potential.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
it's equally premature to just straight up call his career over though

I didn't say that.

I don't see how you could say he has 3-4 years left of good hockey left, when he hasn't provided good hockey in 3 years.

It's very much tbd, is what I'm saying.

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
Disappointing that Tvrdon couldn't win a spot on the Grifs.

Also really hope that Blashill isn't serious about playing Bruton on a line with Athanasiou and Frk. He has very limited skills and is really just an enforcer type. Playing him with two skill guys would just hinder their offensive potential.

I just put LW + C + RW

without any thought. These are not official

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
it's equally premature to just straight up call his career over though

There was a tread on the main board a while ago that listed players who NHL careers effectively ended after they got a sports hernia. It was frightening. I hope I'm wrong, for Weiss and Mieles sake.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
If the pre season was any indication, we'll see Hoggan-Athanasiou-Campbell. A very good two-way, middle six line.

Then I'd do Frk-Nosek-Pulkkinen. Ferraro-Callahan with whatever center. I don't know the new guys well enough to sort out all four lines, but Porter and Miele(when healthy) will obviously have significant roles on the team.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Are the griffins games gonna be on redwingslive this year?

there's a news thing on the top right of the site that basically says not right now

too bad I was actually really looking forward to watching the opener tonight

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Monsters 1-0 after some pressure by GR... Rebound after a Berschbach turnover.

Edit.

2-0... D-zone giveaway + tough screen in front of Mrazek.

Last edited:

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
15 Mitch Callahan - 19 Tomas Nosek - 6 Teemu Pulkkinen
26 Shane Berschbach - 12 Kevin Porter - 29 Landon Ferraro
10 Jeff Hoggan - 23 Andreas Athanasiou - 17 Colin Campbell
55 Chris Bruton - 32 Alden Hirschfeld - 27 Martin Frk

16 Xavier Ouellet - 3 Alexei Marchenko
14 Nick Jensen - 5 Mattias Backman
7 Ryan Sproul - 44 Brennan Evans

34 Petr Mrazek
30 Thomas McCollum

- 22 Louis-Marc Aubry
- 9 Mark Zengerle
- 4 Nathan Paetsch
- 42 Richard Nedomlel

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Those lines scream AHL, and not really in a good way. What's the scouting report on Berschbach?

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
Yikes. Ugly first showing. Hopefully this is because of all the turn around up front and the short time Blash had to get XO and Jensen integrated. Not very confident in our scoring up front this year. And disappointed to see both Frk and AA on bottom lines.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
This team will be fine, can here Blashill firing into them you have to do more than show up and know you're the better team to win. Also given the leadership down there, I am pretty sure Hoggan and Paetsch have gotten that message across before Blash even needs to say something.

drumnj

Oct 19, 2009
IA
redwingslive.net
there's a news thing on the top right of the site that basically says not right now

too bad I was actually really looking forward to watching the opener tonight
Well actually I did have it on yesterday, though I wasn't expecting to. However I forgot I could just load up something pretty easy from elsewhere as a backup.

I'm really waiting to see what happens with the TV deal that the Griffins have with MES. I hope to find someone in MI that has cable where I could hook up say a Slingbox and then have access to the HD TV games. Though their channel hasn't launched yet, I guess it's slated for the new year.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Holland's indecision is already affecting the Griffins. Backman sat tonight for Paetsch. Kind of a weird choice, too. Why use Paetsch AND Evans over Backman? Maybe Paetsch can be Blashill's Cleary.

Paetsch is a good defender. Could be he was unhappy with Backman during their disappointing opener. Backman still has plenty to learn about NA hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad