Grades so far?

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I have heard that ceci is the only player to not have a point at 5v5 this year with minimum 300 minutes played. In the whole league.

If that's accurate - and it's very possible with Ceci's 2 points - that is spectacular...

EDIT: Unless I'm missing something, I don't think that's correct. He has 1 SHP it appears, but I don't see a powerplay point.

https://www.nhl.com/player/cody-ceci-8476879

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
If that's accurate - and it's very possible with Ceci's 2 points - that is spectacular...

EDIT: Unless I'm missing something, I don't think that's correct. He has 1 SHP it appears, but I don't see a powerplay point.

https://www.nhl.com/player/cody-ceci-8476879

Two people in Twitter have confirmed it in the thread I responded to. I couldn't believe it either. Might be true. Might not be. In advances stats when the other team pulls the goalie is it still 5v5. He may have an empty netter point.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Holy crap. I had no idea Ceci has 2 points this year. That is horrible! Not joking. He ends up on the second PP all the time.

I really should have been paying attention. Ceci gets prime minutes. He needs to score more period.

I would have guessed he had 5-8 points.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Holy crap. I had no idea Ceci has 2 points this year. That is horrible! Not joking. He ends up on the second PP all the time.

I really should have been paying attention. Ceci gets prime minutes. He needs to score more period.

I would have guessed he had 5-8 points.

Whoa SR chill out you don't usually get like this

darglor

Feb 17, 2012
Sorry guys... My fault on Ceci's 2 points.
I drafted him late in my pool, liking his play after Phaneuf showed up last year. :cry:

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Two people in Twitter have confirmed it in the thread I responded to. I couldn't believe it either. Might be true. Might not be. In advances stats when the other team pulls the goalie is it still 5v5. He may have an empty netter point.

Ceci doesn't have a 5-on-5 point this season. He has one short handed assist and one assist at 4-on-4, which is technically even strength.

It's amazing.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Ceci doesn't have a 5-on-5 point this season. He has one short handed assist and one assist at 4-on-4, which is technically even strength.

It's amazing.

Due for a huge 2nd half if he's going to approach last year's numbers.

Same can be said for a few guys that have slumped points wise through the first 30+ games. Could mean we are in for a good 2nd half if all these guys come alive.

Uchiha

Jun 14, 2014
Karlsson A
Andrerson A
Stone A
Condon A

Turris B
Hoffman B
Dzingel B
Wideman B

Neil C
Smith C
Dion C
Methot C
Brassard C

Ryan D
Pyatt D
Pageau D

Ceci F
Boroweicki F
Kelly F

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Sorry guys... My fault on Ceci's 2 points.
I drafted him late in my pool, liking his play after Phaneuf showed up last year. :cry:

Lol. I had him too but dropped him after about a month. Very disappointing

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Karlsson A
Andrerson A
Stone A
Condon A

Turris B
Hoffman B
Dzingel B
Wideman B

Neil C
Smith C
Dion C
Methot C
Brassard C

Ryan D
Pyatt D
Pageau D

Ceci F
Boroweicki F
Kelly F

Signs of a terrible PK...

Oh wait, we're 13th in the league?

:dunce:

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

To be fair...

At 5 on 5 our GF% with Pyatt is 35%. Kelly is at 30% and Neil at 20%. That means that with those guys on the ice we get scored on a lot more than we score and again that's 5 on 5.

Pyatt and Kelly are also our two worst possesion forwards at around 40%. If you look at their CF rel they are -8.4 (Pyatt) and -9.8 (Kelly) both amongst the worst in the NHL.

That is the opposite of good. Any way you can shape it.

Uchiha

Jun 14, 2014

Because the PK is the only part of the game.

To be fair...

At 5 on 5 our GF% with Pyatt is 35%. Kelly is at 30% and Neil at 20%. That means that with those guys on the ice we get scored on a lot more than we score and again that's 5 on 5.

Pyatt and Kelly are also our two worst possesion forwards at around 40%. If you look at their CF rel they are -8.4 (Pyatt) and -9.8 (Kelly) both amongst the worst in the NHL.

Bingo.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
To be fair...

If you base your entire opinion on stats, then yes, there is no other conclusion that you can draw....

If you actually believe that Pyatt and Kelly are the problem with Sens this year, I don't share that opinion at all. They both have been more than adequate for what they are paid imo.

Uchiha

Jun 14, 2014
If you actually believe that Pyatt and Kelly are the problem with Sens this year, I don't share that opinion at all. They both have been more than adequate for what they are paid imo.
He didn't say they are the problem with the Sens. He's pointing out that when Kelly and Pyatt are in the ice nothing productive happens.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Yeah our whole team struggled for much of the year, with long periods of sustained pressure in our zone, with a negative goal diff even though a winning record, and everyone was challenged to find their way in the new system as the coach predicted. Not really a surprise then that many had bad corsi type stats. But as the system is starting to sink in, and the team is gelling, we're seeing a lot of new good things. It seems non-useful analysis to try and map the stats from the struggles to the decision making going forward.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
If you base your entire opinion on stats, then yes, there is no other conclusion that you can draw....

I'm pointing out that even though they look effective on the ice they clearly aren't as they are outscored at a 3 to 1 ratio at 5 on 5.

In fact, the more and more I look at Kelly and Pyatt and they really have a hard time getting the puck out of the zone. Pyatt is good along the boards and can protect the puck, he's made some nice plays here and there and I can see why you think he's effective but bottom line is we are outplayed when they are on the ice from possesion to shots to goals.

I don't evaluate them based on what they are paid since I'm not paying them. I just want them to be able to manage their opponents so we win and that has been a struggle.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
You, and a few others here, seem to be awful hard on Stone. He's on pace for ~70pts. He had a slow start, which could be explained by the concussion, but if a 70 point pace is barely meeting expectations, I'm not sure what people want from him. He's at 13pts in the past 10 games. At the very least I would give him the 7, meaning exactly meeting expectations.

I know what you mean and you're right but yes I have very high expectations for Stone. He is a Top-30 forward in the league IMO. He wasn't as good as usual in the first 10-15 games, but yeah, explained by the concussion and the fact that he missed the camp. But if people aren't allowing excuses for Ryan (for example), why allowing them for Stone? I love him more too but for me, a spade is a spade. And I freaking hate bias.

bravo. We'll done. Couple of thoughts. Prior to getting injured I believe Ryan was creating a lot of offence that wasn't ending up in the net. Boucher said as much.

I am surprised with Brassard. I expected more. Couple years back in the playoffs I remember watching the Rangers and being verify impressed. Transitioning to a new team can be hard. I expect a much better second half.

I am really disappointed with Pageau. He easily could have 5 more goals. He is making plays but not finishing and other guys are making plays and feeding him in good spots but he is not finishing.

I might move Ceci up a notch. His good games are good. Just needs more consistency
The good news to me is that I think half the roster has more to give and at the 30 game mark, being inside the playoffs, and believing we can be quite a bit better...I'll take it

Thanks guys (thinkwild too)

- You're right on Ryan. I was saying the same thing (massively snakebitten) and then Boucher came out and said that and Micklebot provided data to confirm the eye test.

- Brassard has been disappointing but it wouldn't be the first time a player struggle a bit on a new team. Hopefully, his improved play lately confirms that he is finally gelling with the team

- It's crazy how many glorious chances Pageau has missed. He is kinda "choking" of finishing plays. Hopefully, he finds back a better scoring touch. Could have 10 goals by now.

- I like the way they are developing Ceci (drastically more defensive responsibilities) but I expect more offensively. I am expecting big things from him in the 2nd half of the season.

- Yes the roster has more to offer, as well as being more healthy. They have played without their #1 goalie and 2 top-6 forwards on many nights.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad