Grabovski and Kulemin Sign with NYI

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
James Mirtle ‏@mirtle 1m
Islanders sign both Grabovski and Kulemin via @StapeNewsday. Both for four years.

Pierre LeBrunVerified account
‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun
Isles sign Kulemin 4 yrs/$16.75 M and Grabovski 4 yrs / $20 M

:laugh: Perfect.

Leafsfan1028

Mar 5, 2013
Guelph
Good for them they are at the very least solid depth players maybe more depending on how highly you value fancy stats. The islanders have absolutely passed the leafs by and will be contending for a playoff spot while the leafs will in all likelihood be in the mcdavid sweepstakes. Edit: Just saw the contracts, a bit excessive I would say.

I Believe

Mar 5, 2011
Toronto
Well that's unexpected.

Gonna miss Kulie though, not gonna lie.

Thought for sure he was Pittsburgh bound.

xyzz

Aug 18, 2008
glad to see Kule got paid. wasnt a fit here at that price, but I've always liked him.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Pretty risky to take on a 20 point 4M player but I guess when you have money to blow...

We'll see how Kulemin will do on a fairly young team.

Grabovski is all right. At least he's proven over multiple seasons he can be worth around that price.

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
You had to expect it. They are moving into a new building in a higher populated part of NY, and owe their 1st in a great draft to Buffalo. They need to be a lot better

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
Kulemin is a crap load better than Carlyle ever played him for in this city.
He's worth every penny.

Well above average defensive game,
Very much top-6 scoring ability if put in that role, which the Islanders will do.
Yeah, Russia may have crapped out of the Olympics, but they still chose Kulemin.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Both are certainly overpaid, but oh well. Good for them. They'll definitely be counted with the Islanders not wanting to give Buffalo a great first round pick this year.

Melanson

Apr 29, 2004
Isles have to overpay to get players to come here unfortunately. Of course, most FA's get more than expected and it doesn't matter much with us since we were scraping the salary cap floor. Curious to hear what you guys think of these 2 despite the salaries. Thanks!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad