Injury Report: Grabner Taken to the Hospital After a High Stick (UPD: Returns 3/7 or 3/9)

ArizonaCoyotes19

May 28, 2008
Winnipeg
hockeylists.com
Glad Grabs is okay.. ish. That could have been a lot worse.

Agree with a Bunting call up, it's about time he had a shot in the big show. You know it's going to be Mario, though.
As much as I would like to see Bunting or Garland get a shot, I have to give props to Kempe. After last season I thought for sure he was going back to Europe. He showed a lot of dedication to resign a two-way deal and not give up on his NHL dreams

Last edited:

slovakia18

English? I can't.
Jan 7, 2012
austria/swiss
i know its buisiness but imagine,
u out was only one day, and allready there is talking about new guys, trade and so on. That league is so strange when u out because of what ever the nxt comes and all forget u.
It is so quick over in that league. The talking about cancer fighting and there a more important thinks in that league but every team and the whole league doesn't act liek that all is bl abla.

To grabner,
i hope all goes ok, i think 2-3 weeks not more but he was really lucky.

BA Carroll

Mar 2, 2014
I'm keeping him and his family in my thoughts and prayers.

As a Blues fan, Grabner and O'Reilly were the two players I most hoped the Blues would sign last off-season. I was very disappointed when he signed in Arizona, but I was happy for him that he was playing well for you.

I was disgusted with the Blues' performance last night, but I was more disgusted to see Grabner get hurt. I'm still a fan, even if he is a Coyote, and I hope you get him back sooner than later.

FYI, I'm sure Blais feels bad about it, too. He's a very physical player for his size, but he's a nice kid and not a dirty player.

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
I'm keeping him and his family in my thoughts and prayers.

As a Blues fan, Grabner and O'Reilly were the two players I most hoped the Blues would sign last off-season. I was very disappointed when he signed in Arizona, but I was happy for him that he was playing well for you.

I was disgusted with the Blues' performance last night, but I was more disgusted to see Grabner get hurt. I'm still a fan, even if he is a Coyote, and I hope you get him back sooner than later.

FYI, I'm sure Blais feels bad about it, too. He's a very physical player for his size, but he's a nice kid and not a dirty player.

I don't think anybody here thinks it was intended. Just extremely unfortunate.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
I don't think anybody here thinks it was intended. Just extremely unfortunate.

Didn't Richardson lift his stick? I thought that was why the refs didn't blow it down right away, even if I was annoyed with them not stopping the play for a serious injury.

Prarievarg

On the hype lokomotiv
Oct 27, 2016
Stockholm / Linköping
Disturbing images, especially Grabners reaction after the impact. Reminds me of when a former player in my hometown SHL team (Mattias Weinhandl) took a stick in the eye at the WJC. He recovered and came back to hockey, he even worked his way to the NHL, but lost 90% of his sight on the injured eye. Let's hope Grabner was more lucky though.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Give it about 10 days or so, maybe a little longer, b/c of the cuts.

I had something similar (not due to hockey). Took an elbow right to the eye socket and was flopping around like a fish for about 3 minutes. Was surprised that I wasn't concussed (I passed all of the concussion tests two days later), but my eye was swollen shut for 5 days straight, and probably took about 10-14 days for all of the discoloration to go away. Fortunately, I didn't have any cuts around the eye - I'd be more worried about Grabner's cuts getting infected by coming into contact with a stick that is on ice that gets spit and sweat upon it each game.
Black Friday is a jungle. Did you at least get the blender?

Reactions: Mosby and BUX7PHX

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Black Friday is a jungle. Did you at least get the blender?

Just a toaster for Legend...

In reality, it was a basket toss (cheerleading). Girl was executing a double full basket and didn't fully complete her rotation. As she opened up her arms to catch, she caught me square in the eye. So, it was basically a 100 lb. girl who was coming down from about 18 feet in the air and her elbow just smacked the snot (literally) out of me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Edenjung

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Just a toaster for Legend...

In reality, it was a basket toss (cheerleading). Girl was executing a double full basket and didn't fully complete her rotation. As she opened up her arms to catch, she caught me square in the eye. So, it was basically a 100 lb. girl who was coming down from about 18 feet in the air and her elbow just smacked the snot (literally) out of me.
At least she...owed you...? Hopefully. ;)

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
At least she...owed you...? Hopefully. ;)

I wish it worked that way. But that doesn't mean that there weren't some great times when not being created into the macro one-eyed monster...

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Yeah, I can imagine that he joins us for the Eastern road trip on the 10th, but may sit the Boston game and finally play against Buffalo or the Rangers.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Thank goodness. I'm happy he didn't suffer any major eye damage from that. At the end of the day, these are all guys with family and friends and a life... I'm glad he can recover and be back to himself without ongoing negative affects.

Reactions: Name Nameless

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
It’s nice to have him back soon, but it’s even more important that he’s not going to have long term effects. He is human with a family and that means more to me than him coming back to play for us.

So happy for him

That was my original thought. NHL is just a game. I just want his vision to keep improving for his personal life. If he can come back and play, awesome. If not, injuries happen and hope his personal life isn't effected.

Reactions: Jakey53 and doaner

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad