Injury Report: Grabner Taken to the Hospital After a High Stick (UPD: Returns 3/7 or 3/9)

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
I'd give him an extra game (CGY) or two (CGY & LA) off to hone his game in practices. You know LA will target him, because that's what they do.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
I'll give the team and the docs a break on this one. Prognosis for this type of his injury is difficult; similar to post-concussion effects.

He’s been skating with the team for over a month now. The one issue holding him back was his ability to see through traffic at speed.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
You lost me on this one. :) Please clarify.

Let me draw a picture.

images

BOGO

Oct 20, 2017
I find it slightly interesting that we didn't see Grabner get a game with the Runners to check this out. Seems a bit odd, but maybe they figure they have tested it out well enough in practice situations? I do know that the player has to agree to a conditioning stint...

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
I find it slightly interesting that we didn't see Grabner get a game with the Runners to check this out. Seems a bit odd, but maybe they figure they have tested it out well enough in practice situations? I do know that the player has to agree to a conditioning stint...
I think it wasn't really a game play issue where he needed to get up to speed as much as the other guys who had injuries to their bodies did. Grabs probably could've skated the next day if the injury wasn't that bad so him practicing with the NHL guys as opposed to with the AHL guys wouldn't really make all that much of a difference.
Also, their last games were March 1 and 2 in Colorado. Next game is tomorrow so if he didn't play tonight but was playing Saturday, he would be playing back to back nights which the organization probably didn't want.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I don't know if they've mentioned it on FoxSAZ, but I caught on an away broadcast this week that his pupil is currently fully-dilated (semi-permanently) and his vision in the eye is somewhere around 50% at the moment. Hopes are that it will continue to improve.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I don't know if they've mentioned it on FoxSAZ, but I caught on an away broadcast this week that his pupil is currently fully-dilated (semi-permanently) and his vision in the eye is somewhere around 50% at the moment. Hopes are that it will continue to improve.

So try and pass him on the left.

Wonder which one is his eye dominance. He shoots left but he's probably right handed so he's probably right eyed.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
This happened to Dan Cleary also. One fully-dilated eye from a hockey injury.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA

Hopefully it's not permanent. If so, he'll look creepier than he did with the mustache. Of course if it ends up permanent, might as well embrace the creepiness. He could shave his head (or grow one of those spiked reverse-mohawks), re-grow the mustache, get a head tattoo or two, and only appear shirtless in public (apart from games that is)

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017

That's what I said a few days ago: he now has the David Bowie-look. So it wasn't just me, then.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad