Confirmed with Link: Grabner signs with Arizona ( 3x3.35m AAV)

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Not sure if this was mentioned but apparently the deal includes an 8 team NTC. Hopefully this doesn't bite us if things turned out like they did when he was a health scratch in NJ.

Which way is it, 8 teams he'll accept a trade to or 8 teams he will not accept a trade to?

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Grabner is a north south player. That’s what Tocchet wants in his system. He was frustrated with some of the east west play.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Grabner is a north south player. That’s what Tocchet wants in his system. He was frustrated with some of the east west play.
Galchenyuk might be a problem. Haha.

EDIT: not a great joke. Galchenyuk just isn’t much for top end skating or acceleration. He’s nifty enough with the puck on his stick though.

Last edited:

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Galchenyuk might be a problem. Haha.

EDIT: not a great joke. Galchenyuk just isn’t much for top end skating or acceleration. He’s nifty enough with the puck on his stick though.

Yeah, was about to say Galchenyuk is more of an east-west guy than north-south.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
A good value signing. You don't win with free agents anyway unless you're adding a final piece or someone huge like Tavares.
This still will not get the coyotes to the playoffs but they are inching their way there.

I do notice we are a very soft team. Lots of guys with offensive skills but subtracting domi for Alex and adding this guy makes us even softer.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
A good value signing. You don't win with free agents anyway unless you're adding a final piece or someone huge like Tavares.
This still will not get the coyotes to the playoffs but they are inching their way there.

I do notice we are a very soft team. Lots of guys with offensive skills but subtracting domi for Alex and adding this guy makes us even softer.
Well.allowing Domi to fight is what led largely to his last 2 years of goal scoring struggles. Crouse will be up with the main squad next season. That will provide some physicality to the lineup. He's not a gifted fighter though. His sheriff nickname isn't based on him being super tough.

Reactions: doaner

cobra427

May 6, 2012

Detroit was soft for years. Our key is goal tending and our D staying healthy. If we keep our GAA down we can make the playoffs.

Reactions: Sthlmyote

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Well.allowing Domi to fight is what led largely to his last 2 years of goal scoring struggles. Crouse will be up with the main squad next season. That will provide some physicality to the lineup. He's not a gifted fighter though. His sheriff nickname isn't based on him being super tough.
I think Domi was put in a position to succeed under Tip much quicker then under Tocc. At the end of the year, Domi was getting more production. I think it took him longer to adjust to Tocc and the C experiment hurt his production too. I hope he has a good year this year.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
fighting makes little difference to a team in the NHL nowdays. I'm talking about playoff toughness. Winning dirty in the corners and in front of the net like you need to in the playoffs. I don't like the makeup of our team. I like the skill level and that's why I wanted a guy like Tkachuk. We are soft like butter and still not a playoff team but we're molding a team I think needs some tweaks.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Detroit was soft for years. Our key is goal tending and our D staying healthy. If we keep our GAA down we can make the playoffs.
Detroit had uber skill and were indeed soft. I hated watching them. But look at the cup final and tell me skill plus grit wasn't on full display.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
fighting makes little difference to a team in the NHL nowdays. I'm talking about playoff toughness. Winning dirty in the corners and in front of the net like you need to in the playoffs. I don't like the makeup of our team. I like the skill level and that's why I wanted a guy like Tkachuk. We are soft like butter and still not a playoff team but we're molding a team I think needs some tweaks.
That is why we were looking at Maroon. This year we are softer than warm butter, and Chayka knows this, but the question is what is or will be available. As it stands right now, Crouse and Fischer have to step up the physicality big time, but you are right, we need some tweaks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad