Injury Report: Grabner out indefinitely (concussion)

KrisBeKreame

Oct 5, 2009
Virginia
That sucks. Grabner was playing great for the last month, month and a half. Probably gone for the season (precautionary). Wonder who's next in line ? Sundstrom ? Persson ?

Or do you reshuffle the line-up and try out Donovon or Hickey at forward allowing Czuczman to get a look?

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
I am assuming Carks is moving to forward to make room for the new guy.

Hickey, surprisingly is our highest scoring Dman....so I doubt he will be moved around. DeHaan is on pace to at least tie Hickey if not pass him...if they played the same amount of games.

I hope Bailey steps up. It's really now or never.

Can we steal Kabby Back? I REALLY want to see a couple real games with him up with the big club.

Last edited:

Cavonnier

Apr 23, 2013
Maine
So, this season, the following Islanders have suffered significant injuries:
Visnovsky
Strait
Nabokov (2x)
Hamonic
Tavares
Nielsen
Grabner

Am I missing anybody? Wasn't Vanek hurt for a short period of time?

luki here

Jan 30, 2011
Vienna
Cant see how tanev didnt get a minor penalty for bringing his elbow up on grabs, even though it was a very akward attempt at a hit.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
We were really healthy last season, karma is paying us back in spades this season.

Do we even have anyone left down in Bridgeport? Is it Sundstrom's turn to get a shot or Persson? We're running out of bodies.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Woof. We've had a poor year injury wise (karma for last years near perfection).

scott99

May 13, 2005
Either Sundstrom or Persson, we'd be adding someone 6'2" or above, more size to add to Lee and Nelson (both 6'3"). I like it.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
Unfortunate. I've always believed in Grabner and still do. Even though the season was already a wash, I enjoyed seeing Grabner get more opportunities, it seems he could've benefitted from seeing more ice-time before the off-season.

It'll be another excuse the management can make over the summer, a way of justifying Cappy and Snow's jobs even though the majority of these injuries occurred once the season was done.

I just hope Grabs recovers and is not setback by this injury, we know how debilitating the concussions can be...

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
Just curious but did anyone see the hit? Should there be a suspension for the offending player?

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
Just hope he gets better and takes all the time he needs to do so. Get well Grabs...Obviously we don't know the severity but as we all know concussions can be life changers. ..just hate to hear whenever anyone is diagnosed with one.

We are definitely snake bit this year. With this year washed away, just trying to be positive and hoping that we got the injuries out of the way so we can have a healthy season next year to make up for it and reach the playoffs in the last year at NVMC.

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
This sucks. season done but the element that Grabs brings will be missed.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
It blows because I liked the post Olympics version of him. That hint of nasty and his hands coming back... I look forward to his evolution.

The bright side of course is he gets some time with his family. Daddies need that.

simbo042

Apr 24, 2013
Newcastle, UK
It blows because I liked the post Olympics version of him. That hint of nasty and his hands coming back... I look forward to his evolution.

The bright side of course is he gets some time with his family. Daddies need that.

The Olymipcs was good for showing us what a motivated Grabner could do, makes you wonder about the coaching even more doesn't it? :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad