Gotham Knights

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
This game legit looks worse than Arkham Knight, at least plague tale could make an argument it needed to be 30 fps cause of the visuals.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
This game legit looks worse than Arkham Knight, at least plague tale could make an argument it needed to be 30 fps cause of the visuals.
I'm about three hours into the game and it was HORRBILY marketed. This is a really fun game.

I mean REALLY bad marketing/promotions prior to launch.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
I will say this....

This is definitely not GOTY material here. What I love is that it's not any of the previous games (except for the mechanics) which I really love.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
I'm a little deeper into the game after finishing the first major story arc. This arc could have easily been adapted into Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy and would have made a better trilogy by a HUGE margin. Just great storytelling but the writing could have been tighter.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I bought it because I'm a simp for Batman. It's actually not bad.

Definitely not GOTY material but a fun enough beat em up game. Doubly so with friends.

Biggest problem is the framerate. The 30 FPS is mostly fine. I kinda thought that people trying to use that to bury the game were a bit overdramatic. The Arkham games they so desperately want this to be also ran on console at 30 FPS.

The problem becomes when it randomly starts to struggle to maintain. Perhaps even more bizarrely, the framedrops are totally random. You would think the most obvious one where it would tank would be when there's a shitload of enemies on screen, but no. It seems to happen most during just traversing Gotham while on the batcycle or in the air. Weird shit.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Ran credits on this a few weeks back. WB Games did a HORRIBLE job of selling and marketing the game. When the story kicks in it takes you on a ride that was so fun.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Honestly feel It's under rated It's not great and I should have waited longer, but there is some fun to be had for sure, It's got a solid story.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Honestly feel It's under rated It's not great and I should have waited longer, but there is some fun to be had for sure, It's got a solid story.
Christopher Nolan could have easily replaced his trilogy with this story as there's some parallels between the two. Just really good writing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad