Gotham Knights

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Ah, so it's actually a sequel to Arkham Knight? Weren't they saying that was the end of the series? Well the ending to that game was pretty awful so it's not the worst thing to continue it

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I'm so in.

It looks like it's going for something similar to Avengers with the enemies having level numbers and shit. Makes more sense for a game set in the Batman universe since they're not superhumans and actually in theory would need upgraded gear more than say, a Thor or Hulk.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Looks stunning. Very cool concept too, which will keep things fresh. The most interesting thing to me from the gameplay video was when the Dev said that enemies level up in concordance with the player.

Could be misinterpreting that but would that mean that if I've got Batgirl leveled up to 15, Freeze's level would also be bumped up a weight class or two? A dynamic difficulty would be fantastic. It could also prevent situations in an open world game where the player levels themselves up too high too early in the game and difficult enemies turn into cakewalks.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Feel kinda meh about the new combat system and even though it’s just a teaser the atmosphere felt very different from the previous games. Could be a good thing or could be a bad thing.

Still having the Court of Owls be a central part of the story is good enough to get me to pay for this game.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
I'm excited for the game because it's another game set in the Batman universe, but my main concern is a potential lack of depth in the gameplay since you can play as one of any five characters. With the Arkham games, you got to upgrade Batman and learned his moveset throughout the game. I just hope they don't tone down the depth of combat to allow you to more easily switch through five different playstyles, if that's how the game is designed.

Obviously this game is a ways from coming out, but I figured I'd throw that out there just in case. I'll probably end up getting this game anyway because I love Batman and the Court of Owls storyline was really good, but if they make the gameplay both different and deep for each character, I'll be super happy.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I was kind of burnt out on the Arkham formula by the time Arkham Knight hit. I'm also amoung the minority that think the games got ever so slightly worse with each release.

I'm not including the one that wasn't developed by Rocksteady.... Arkham Origins? Never played it.

That said this looks like it might be different enough to pique my interest.

Was kinda hoping that Azrael would be one of the playable options given 'The Man Who Broke the Bat' storyline

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
So is this a direct sequel to Arkham Knight?
Ah, so it's actually a sequel to Arkham Knight? Weren't they saying that was the end of the series? Well the ending to that game was pretty awful so it's not the worst thing to continue it

The game is not connected to the Arkham series.

Gotham Knights Is Not Connected To The Arkham Games

Gotham Knights may have plenty of connecting points to the Arkham series of games in terms of gameplay and visuals, but the story will be something new. Developer WB Montreal tells Comic Book that Gotham Knights will go in its own direction and is "not connected to the Arkham series."

Reactions: kingsboy11

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
That's weird, why start off with the exact same plot point as Arkham Knight ended on then?

Yeah, that is strange.

It seems like the perfect continuation of the Arkham trilogy.

I actually don't mind the discontinuation of the trilogy-storyline. There was SO MUCH to it and it's a little convoluted. I'd prefer a restart, to be honest. The story doesn't matter as much, it's more about the premise and existing in the game-universe.

Batman is in trouble, needs help, and this all takes place in a similar game universe as the Arkham trilogy. That's good enough for me.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The reason it starts with Batman presumed dead is because of the story the Court of Owls story they are adapting.

The reasons why they didn't continue from Knight is pretty obvious. They wanted Barbara as Batgirl and they wanted to do a younger Robin.

The Suicide Squad game is a follow up to the Arkham series.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Honestly, RockSteady got pretty snarky about the Batman: Origins game developed by another developer.

They repeated, purposefully called the Arkham games a trilogy to cut that game out of the discussion.

They don't believe anything they haven't developed is in their universe.

So to me, it makes sense. The Suicide Squad is the next game they're making, it's the next game in their universe.

Whatever the other studios are up to, they can put their games in another timeline.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Oh wow I didn't know that. I thought this was Rocksteady's game. Oh shit it's Games Montreal doing this one? They were the ones who did the Arkham: Origins IIRC. Uh oh.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
It’s out and I’ll just say this (barely an hour into the game)…

They literally wiped away the past games and the cyclical nature (and the linear plots) of them right from the start…and the follow up plot development later in the first hour.

Don’t have an opinion yet but so far it’s fun.

After the first hour, I have no idea where it’s leading…and I love it!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad