Gostisbehere takes top spot among Philadelphia Flyers top 20 prospects

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Not sure if this is the right thread, but if Konecny was taken who do you think the Flyers would have wound up with in the first and with that second round pick. I'd take Konecny, but it would be interesting to know who else they were targeting.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Not sure if this is the right thread, but if Konecny was taken who do you think the Flyers would have wound up with in the first and with that second round pick. I'd take Konecny, but it would be interesting to know who else they were targeting.

What was the Flyers pick in the 2nd?

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Chris Pryor said they were looking at Konecny or Nick Merkley with the 29th pick but weren't sure either would be available, so they moved up to take Konecny. We'll never know if they would have moved up to take Merkley-who fell to 30th, IIRC, and would have been there.

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
Last time I read HF they had Gostisbehere rated the fourth best blue line prospect.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Last time I read HF they had Gostisbehere rated the fourth best blue line prospect.

I think a lot of people were unsure about him because of his size. You can get away with being an undersized D-man in minors/juniors but at the NHL you have to be truly special. I don't think it was a knock on his talent, just concern that he wouldn't be able to deal with the size and strength of guys at the NHL level. Hasn't been an issue yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad