Gostisbehere takes top spot among Philadelphia Flyers top 20 prospects

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005
shayne_gostisbehere_philadelphia_021616.jpg
Photo: Shayne Gostisbehere will receive consideration for Rookie of the Year after an unexpected season in which he set an NHL record for points in consecutive games by a rookie defenseman (15). (Photo: Courtesy of Rich Graessle/Icon Sportswire)

</p> There weren’t many changes to the Philadelphia Flyers top 20 prospects. But there is a new number one, with Shayne Gostisbehere taking the lead because of his impact at the NHL level. Other prospects saw jumps, including Merrick Madsen, Cooper Marody and Travis Konecny.

The majority of the team’s top prospects are still defensemen, as the Flyers have stockpiled for the position in recent drafts.… read more

The post Gostisbehere takes top spot among Philadelphia Flyers top 20 prospects appeared first on Hockey's Future.

More...

GhostIsBae

Ghost Whisperer
Jul 18, 2014
Myers a bit low. Can't disagree with most of it otherwise. (EDIT: After a closer look, i find that this person didn't their homework at all...)

Funny thing is our 11-20 now used to be like our top 10 a few years ago. Huge change in 3 years.

Last edited:

GhostIsBae

Ghost Whisperer
Jul 18, 2014
"without question" eh?

Lindblom should not be 17th.

Ah i missed lindblom, yeah can't believe how awesome our prospect pool looks. to be honest ghost shouldn't even be considered a prospect anymore, but yeah he is being considered for calder, it's unfathomable to rate someone else above him at this moment. Only provorov can be considered close i suppose

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
Don't give this article clicks. It's written by the same NJ fan girl who doesn't know anything about the Flyers. Still has Konecny listed as a center prospect. And also, why is Ghost even listed as a prospect in her list? He's gonna be a finalist for the Calder trophy in a couple weeks

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Fazleev can be overshadowed by his teammate and fellow Philadelphia draftee Travis Sanheim, but don’t overlook the tight wing.

Tight wing eh?

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
Odd time to make this post seeing that Ghost won't be a prospect per HF standards [at least 65 games before 24] at the conclusion of this season.

IrishSniper87

Jun 25, 2007
Media, PA
Well, technically Laughton, Cousins and Ghost are with the Flyers so they are not really prospects anymore.

If I had to re-order these rankings, I'd most Provorov to #1.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Not sure Ghost should still be a prospect. He's not going back to the AHL any time soon. Aside from that the list is pretty solid. I think I'd put Konecny over Morin but that's splitting hairs. I think Konecny has a very good chance to make this team next year, whereas I don't see Morin on the team out of the gate, if only because of the presence of Provorov and possibly Sanheim.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
last night Pierre was praising the Flyers prospects but he mentioned Haag as one of the first ones...just thought it kind of funny. I know he knows he is not ahead of the likes of Provorov etc

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Tony really focuses on Lehigh. Not sure he thinks he can be a solid contributor to all prospects. He's golden on AHL guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad