OT: Gooooooal!! The All-Purpose Association Football Thread #118 - World Cup 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
I'm sorry, I'm on my phone but I had to comment on this one...it gives me chills everytime! "Distribution, brilliant!"

From now on tho....

Quoting the video is not a violation as each post still contains a video!

So here is the better one of course

Except for the kid that obviously staged it after the fact, great video.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I'm sorry, I'm on my phone but I had to comment on this one...it gives me chills everytime! "Distribution, brilliant!"

From now on tho....

The clip quoted wasn't Ian Darke...that's where you get the 'distribution, brilliant' line:

NJDevils7

Feb 13, 2007
New York
Gives me chills every time. Can't decide who to get on my jersey. Don't want to get the typical Donovan, Dempsey, Bradley.

Last edited by a moderator:

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
30 man roster

KMADuVm.png

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
30 man roster

KMADuVm.png

No big surprises. Maybe just EJ being out. Predictions for the 7 cuts are: Yedlin, Brooks, Edu, Boyd, Corona, Davis, and Green. Someone who should make it will probably get hurt in this camp tho, which is the sad truth.

Also this:

@TheOffsideRules: May as well keep going: NYC is the worst. Y'all will pack a bar at 7am to watch Swansea but won't cross a river at 7pm to see Thierry Henry.

Truth.

and Titi is on twitter now. Nearly 250k followers in a day. Must be nice to be The King.

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown

No big surprises. Maybe just EJ being out. Predictions for the 7 cuts are: Yedlin, Brooks, Edu, Boyd, Corona, Davis, and Green. Someone who should make it will probably get hurt in this camp tho, which is the sad truth.

Also this:

@TheOffsideRules: May as well keep going: NYC is the worst. Y'all will pack a bar at 7am to watch Swansea but won't cross a river at 7pm to see Thierry Henry.

Truth.

I really like Green getting experience in the camp. Wouldn't mind him getting 15 minutes against Azerbaijan either. Will help him for 2018.

It's why I don't think NYCFC is gonna fair any better, Yea they are bragging about STH numbers but how much of it will end up being brokers and how many seats will be empty after the newness wears off. Thankfully for them Houston and possibly KC are moving west so the East should be down for a couple years without them.

With the new tv deal expect a lot of Friday and Sunday night games the next 8 years. Not a fan at all but I'm not the one signing these contracts. Still beats 1PM games against Chicago on a Wednesday though

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
USMNT documentary series premiers in 5 min on ESPN.

Initial episodes of the six-part documentary from ESPN Films, the production group behind the award winning 30 for 30 series, will air as follows (all times ET):

May 13, Tuesday, 7-8 p.m.: Series premiere
May 21, Wednesday, 7-7:30 p.m.: Episode 2
May 29, Thursday, 7:30-8 p.m.: Episode 3
June 3, Tuesday, 7:30-8 p.m.: Episode 4
June 10, Tuesday, 8:30-9:30 p.m.: Episode 5
June 11, Wednesday, 9:30-10 p.m.: LIVE series finale – Epilogue

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=10897403

Someone embed that vid!

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
I'm expecting a big game for Titi this week. Goal and an assist in a 2-1 win. He's got something going with the Toronto fans much like he does with the Philly ones. When he scored two years ago to tie it up there he was talking some **** and flexed at them. Then when Cahill had a huge goal there last season he had that funny outburst at some fans - "What?!? Talk again! Talk again!". Combine that with him blowing our comeback last week, I think we will see him bring it on Saturday.

Funny Henry at about the 25 second mark :laugh:

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
Toronto seems to be one of those teams where Titi always shows up. No Bradley will be huge and Toronto just played 120 minutes in Vancouver last night.

Red Bulls will know their 4th round opponent and location tomorrow. Was supposed to be today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad